Archery Talk Forum banner

Which 3D course would you perfer?

• 30 target: Mainly all whitetail except for maybe a turkey or 2 and a bear.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • 30 target: All different animals. Deer, turkey, bear, african animals, exotic animals, and varmits.

Votes: 124 93.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys and girls I need your opinions here. I tossed around the idea of starting an outdoor 3D course since there really is any left in this area anymore. The closest are probably 20 or 30 miles. They a pretty comman south of here though. A few of my buddies think it would be a great idea and that I could probably do pretty good on it. I'm not really wanting to make money I just want to be able to get my money back out of it thats all.

The question I have is which would you guys perfer shooting, a 30 target course with mostly all whitetails and maybe a turkey or bear here and there, or a 30 target course with all different animals? I'm talking bear, turkey, deer, the exotic animals, african animals, and the varmits. I like shooting everything, especially the smaller stuff just because its challenging. My one buddy thinks a whitetail course might do better. He said he likes to shoot 3D targets that he'd shoot in real life and so that it call help him judge yardage by how big the animal is at whatever distances they are at.

So if you guys and girls could vote or even post up so I could get an idea of what people want that'd be great and I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good God! All eight of us agree? This can't be the AT I have come to know and love.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I think its a great idea as to what you want to do.

Lots of variables and things to consider, but a great idea none the less.

I have a feeling you're going to have a pretty lop-sided poll, but I would rather shoot a variety than one type of animal. Just makes it more interesting.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yea buddy!!!

I think you will do better with a nice variety of foam to poke holes inn.All kinds of critters is always more fun.Good luck to you.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:wink:

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its a great idea as to what you want to do.

Lots of variables and things to consider, but a great idea none the less.

I have a feeling you're going to have a pretty lop-sided poll, but I would rather shoot a variety than one type of animal. Just makes it more interesting.

Good luck!
See I'd think people would want a variety of animals but my one buddy said I'd probably be surpised and alot of guys would want whitetails. So I figured there isnt a better place to ask than AT.

As for the variables I know there is alot and its not something I'll be able to do over night but I do have the land but I'll have to do some calling around and see what the cost will be for everything and then it will take time to get it up and going. I'm not really sure if I wanna try and get it going this year or make this my planning year to get everything squared away and all the land layed out. I'm thinking take my time and kinda make this my setting up and planning year and have it ready for next spring cause I know its something that wont happen over night and I dont want to open it in the middle or late summer.

·
Registered
30,678 Posts
The unusual targets are what make it fun. And judging the yardage is really a challenge when you arent sure how big the animal is. Some of my favorite targets are frogs and mosquitos. Kids love the dinosaurs and snakes, and the aligator is also a good one.

A course full of the same animal over and over is just boring.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The unusual targets are what make it fun. And judging the yardage is really a challenge when you arent sure how big the animal is. Some of my favorite targets are frogs and mosquitos. Kids love the dinosaurs and snakes, and the aligator is also a good one.

A course full of the same animal over and over is just boring.
I agree!

·
Registered
865 Posts
3d

yep that damm aligator!!!! 35+ & that thing is a @#$%^&*^%$er

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any other opinions? I mean I pretty much got a pretty good idea now. I just like seeing numbers go up and wanna see how lop side it can get.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
A variety would be the most interesting 2 me:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

·
Registered
279 Posts
all diffrent animals man them alligators are fun

·
Registered
568 Posts
We went to one last weekend and had a blast. He had all kinds of different animals. If your buddies want whitetails, then get 2 or 3 of them, but I would get a variety of others. The alligator and mosquito were fun to shoot and he even had a **** hanging in a tree. I pm'd you with the guys info if you want to call him about where he got his targets from. He also changes his course every 2 weeks so its not the same.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like a more in between answer. I prefer north american game like whitetail, moose, elk, carribou, turkey, etc.

·
Registered
627 Posts
For me the main reason I go to a 3-D shoot is to help me refine my judgement of yardage. To that end I would prefer to shoot nothing but deer and elk targets. Thing is, that gets boring. Variety is the spice of life and making the course fun is what will keep people coming back. Shoot everything, lions, tigers, and bear!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts