Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What arrow do I use for traditional recurve, 20#bow for my 12 year old daughter. The shop who sold me the bow hooked me up with a set of carbon arrows rated for 40 pounds max???? Does not seem to work too well...seems heavy, what would be your recommendation.Thanks.

·
2nd Amend. Don't lose it
22,057 Posts
Hello Papik,

Jasmin? Arrows... They are blue in color with a trace of white in them...Its been a long time since I have seen the name, so I may be spelling it wrong... They are perfect for 20 bows, and they are very cheap arrows. Although cheap, they are extremely nice too. Just be careful how you pull them out. Pull out straight.

Dwayne

·
Registered
20,783 Posts
Papick -

Really doesn't matter. A #20 bow combined with a short draw length doesn't produce enough force to make spine an issue. You just want an arrow light enough to reach the target he's aiming at, and one that's strong enough to take the pounding he'll put them through.

1716s are a pretty good bet, old fiberglass arrows are wonderful, if you can still find them, else you might just be better off woith 1/4" wood dowels. The only problem with the "up to #40" carbons is htat they are a tad heavy.

Oh yeah, don't believe me about the spine thing? Easton's kiddie arrows, the blue genesis arrows are 1820's. The actually spine out to about #50 with a 28" arrow. I have a few people trying them out as hunting arrows, with very good success from bows between #50 and #57 - go figure.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Easton Jazz in a 1616 full length with the one piece glue-in point and 3" feathers work great for the 20# recurves we use for the kids.

·
Banned
322 Posts
hey that happened to me guy sold me a #30 reurve with #50 aluminum arrows, whats up with that? i would of said something back then i didnt know about arrow spine and all :sad:

·
2nd Amend. Don't lose it
22,057 Posts
Hello Jack,

Jack>>Easton Jazz in a 1616 full length with the one piece glue-in point and 3" feathers work great for the 20# recurves we use for the kids.<<

Thats what they were... Easton Jazz. They are a wonderful cheap arrow to use on 20# bows... Lightweight, fast, a little weak in strength, but as long as you pull them out straight, they are fantastic. Shot those through a 5 pound bow once. Light enough to zip down there, yet strong enough to handle most ligher bows...

Dwayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts