Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always used QAD but i've been hearing good things about Limb driver pro v's. What is everyone using and their opinions on these?

·
Blendin the Bush
1,394 Posts
I like the limbrivers as well they are really nice rests. Currently i am using a brand new qad hdx american flag version on sale at cabelas for 89.

·
Registered
24,954 Posts
Had QAD, it was ok and did its job. Ditched it for the limb driver pro and love this rest. Have one on my insanity and alien x and all my bows for now on will be limb driven.

the proV looks nice, never tried it though. Dont really have a need for a full containment rest

·
Socket Man
24,303 Posts
I still like my original limbdriver, they are a really good hunting, indoor and 3d rest and simply do the job year after year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had QAD, it was ok and did its job. Ditched it for the limb driver pro and love this rest. Have one on my insanity and alien x and all my bows for now on will be limb driven.

the proV looks nice, never tried it though. Dont really have a need for a full containment rest
What makes the limb driver pro better? I'm rather new to compounds as I have been shooting trad bows for some time now.

·
Registered
24,954 Posts
What makes the limb driver pro better? I'm rather new to compounds as I have been shooting trad bows for some time now.
For me, its just fool proof to set up, never have contact issues, If I were to break the cord in the field I could swap it out in a minute and be back up and running and not have to worry about the timing being off. I just like them and have not had a reason to change since switching over. I only bought the QAD for the full containment but I just dont find it needed and not having it has not effect my hunting at all or cost me a shot at a deer

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
I have a lot of friends shooting the ProV for 3D and hunting. They never have any problems with them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So really the only con of the Limbdriver is that isn't "fully contained" like the QAD?

·
Socket Man
24,303 Posts
The original limbdriver pro is good because:

1. it uses a flexible steel launcher like a blade rest

2. it stays up till the last moment and then gets jerked down out of the way of the fletching

3. it isn't as finicky when it comes to the timing of the cord, as the cord stretches or changes a little your shooting is not affected at all.

4. there is no setting the rest before drawing the bow

5. your arrow never falls off of the rest even in windy conditions compared to a blade rest

Some of my reasons are just personal preference but a few of them were more performance related but those are some of the main reasons I enjoy my limbdriver.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am using the QAD. Why, because I like the full containment aspect of the QAD for the way I hunt. I find that it is just as easy to set up as the Limbdriver and it has been just as dependable as my Limbdriver was, I just like the full containment aspect.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I like the limb driver pro-v for 3d and hunting, its quiter than the qad with less libe.

·
Registered
24,954 Posts
So really the only con of the Limbdriver is that isn't "fully contained" like the QAD?
not a con to me at all :) but they do make the pro V if full containment is needed for you. trophy taker also makes a similar rest

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
For hunting, I don't think you can beat the QAD HDX. I use a Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro for 3d, which is limb driven, very fast, and sits behind the riser with it's own landing pad so you have more vertical adjustment. Put a Hamskae Versa Rest on my indoor target bow, expensive and a bit bulky, but worth the money. Can set it up anyway you want from a lizard tongue, to a limb driven top or bottom or cable driven drop down. Really like that rest, but wouldn't use it for hunting. Also have a ripcord code red, which would be my 2nd choice for hunting. All have advantages and disadvantages, but all work very well if installed correctly.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts