Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Victory VAP 350, 100 gr BH, 297 FPS, 72.3 KE, 370 Grn

Votes: 11 37.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mulie Maniac
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have narrowed my search down to these two but not really wanting to drop $300+ on arrows to try so im asking for your input from those that use or have used these. here is my setup.
2013 Elite Answer
67#
28" DL
Wac'em or Slick Trick Standard
arrows will be cut to 26" and will use either the VAP Penetrator or the Aero outsert (suggestions here would also be nice)
if someone could run these on a arrow system and let me know which one fits my setup better that would be awesome!!
also how do you figure momentum or which one would carry it better?
these will be used for mule deer, antelope, elk and bear

·
Registered
728 Posts
Check out bloodsports, they are really durable and pretty cheap compared to most other. I switched from maxima blue streak to bloodsport HT-2s. Mine are tipped with slick tricks mags and I'll be trying the new slick trick nuke this year.

·
Mulie Maniac
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have looked at them and the deep impacts but my dealer does not stock them and i have a $1300 credit to burn up through him.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I'd lose a few fps, get 340 spine injexions and shoot 100 or 125 grain heads.
Don't think that will work with a 26" arrow; don't you think it would be over spined?

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
cant go wrong with any easton arrow. but i would try a 100 grain head on the injection arrow

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I liked the VAPs a lot but love FMJs and Axis from Easton. Either are great arrows

·
Mulie Maniac
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it will turn out to be a 27" arrow with the outsert though. not sure if that will make a difference or not

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
VAP you wont have to buy any deep six broadheads to fit like you would with the injections

·
The Impartial Archer
18,760 Posts
The spec's are so close it won't matter.......it's just comes down to which arrow you want to use.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
I can't speak for the new penetrator 2 outsert but the original aluminum outsert/insert for the VAPs bend easy. I used VAPs last year and loved the concept and arrow, just not the outsert. My vote is Injexion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts