Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy some arrows. Been shooting beman ics hunter 500. and gt xt hunter 5575. Can't tell much difference between the two. Would you go with the stiffer gt or the 500. Not sure of the boundage, Mission 3x 70# backed off 3 rounds.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
you're way under-spined be careful one of those arrows doesn't blow up in your face.

·
Born To Hunt
6,123 Posts
I need to buy some arrows. Been shooting beman ics hunter 500. and gt xt hunter 5575. Can't tell much difference between the two. Would you go with the stiffer gt or the 500. Not sure of the boundage, Mission 3x 70# backed off 3 rounds.
I would think you are underspined with the Bemans and OK with the gold tips, I would not shoot the Bemans in your bow. With your bow backed out 3 turns on the limb bolts I would guess you are somewhere between 62/65#s

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
i mean i guess if your arms are really short and you're shooting 75-100 grain broadheads/fieldpoints than you might not be underspined... i shoot 70 lbs. at 30 in. draw and 125grains up front that puts me in the .300" spine range, so easton .300's or gold tip 75-95's for me...

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
cant answer without knowing how long an arrow you shoot , Ive seen alot of beeman ics arrows explode , and one go through a guys hand , his fault for not checking it first but , ill never shoot them

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cant answer without knowing how long an arrow you shoot , Ive seen alot of beeman ics arrows explode , and one go through a guys hand , his fault for not checking it first but , ill never shoot them
I didn't know they had a record for explodeing. I read alot of the other post about arrows and some people said they were really strong.Anyway they are 27" to end of nock, and I just got home with the bemans in 400. Jerry was right on the poundage, 63. Turned it down to 60. 100gr.tips. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
not a problem, better safe than sorry... there's so many different scales for arrows these days it's no wonder people are shooting underspined arrows to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts