Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to put together a 350grain arrow for a target bow, shooting 70lbs for a 28in arrow, im gonna shoot either blazers or small feathers, and i dont want to go to crazy, no more then like $120ish for the shafts. what do you guys think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gold tip Ultralight

Ultralight's are cool ! Less than 90 bucks for a dozen with either feathers or duravanes. Weight will be exactly what you are looking for (7.4 gpi) and they're .003 at 32 inches so maybe even straighter at 28. If you are picky get the pro's at .001 and .5 grains per dozen. Those are about 120 bucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
carbon impact has been great for me with a similar setup, but keep in mind that the short arrow is relatively stiffer spined, so a 6000 shaft will probably be perfect, but with your desire for a light tail you will need to consider a mildly lighter point. Total arrow weight should be ballpark, and for the money they are durable and have passed thru more than a few deer for me.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,352 Posts
nybowhuntermike said:
looking to put together a 350grain arrow for a target bow, shooting 70lbs for a 28in arrow, im gonna shoot either blazers or small feathers, and i dont want to go to crazy, no more then like $120ish for the shafts. what do you guys think.
\

Take a look at www.pinwheelsoftware.com
and try the free trial download for the Shaft Selector Program.

You can look up your bow,
and then try different combinations of arrow stiffness,
arrow shaft length, tip weight,
arrow wraps with feathers or blazers
and see if that combination will be light enough
and still stiff enough to shoot properly out of your bow.

If you decide to purchase the program,
I think the cost for the download is $10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts