Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently become unhappy with the arrows that I shoot, and want to select another type. I was wondering if all you guys could help me decide on an arrow? I shoot for hunting and for fun. Please help me decide. Thanks.

05 Diamond Victory
70 lbs
27.5 draw
TT drop away

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
i shot g.ts for a few years and my archery guy sold me on trying out some carbon force radial x weaves and i am impressed with them so far,our hunting season starts in a week and that will be a big factor,but if they pass that test i may never switch arrows again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Carbon Force Radial X Weave. They Fly Great And They're Tough.
Shot One Into The Steel Frame Of A Weight Bench.took Awhile To Get It Out, But I'm Still Shooting That Arrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been shooting carbon express terminator selects (45/60) at 9.5 gpi. I'm going to try the gold tip xt (55/70) because they are lighter- 8.2 gpi. I have shot Beman ICS hunters and blackhawk vapors. The blackhawk vapors would be my second choice behind the GT's, but I'm concerned about their durability. Three of the blackhawk vapors have split near the insert. The weight of the vapors (7.9) is what I really like. The terminators are good just a little heavy for what I like. I can't comment to much on the bemans, as they were my first set of arrows, and lost them. Additionally, because of the price now-a-days I wouldnt shot anything greater then a .003 straightness.

Just my .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Arrows

I use Beman Camo Hunters. You can download free software from Easton Archery http://eastonarchery.com/downloads.asp that will help you decide what arrows are best in the Easton/Beman lines. It's worth looking at.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used to shoot CX300's from Carbon Express but I now shoot Satellite Platinum Series 2960's. I think they are tougher than the carbon express that I used to shoot. They have a straightness of .001 are weight matched to +/- 1 grain in the dozen. Is that necessary? Can't really say but I do think they shoot more consistently and that gives me a boost in confidence. I use them for both hunting and a hunters archery league. They've been slapped and hit with no problems. They are a woven arrow and when one was "robin hooded" the other arrow only went in about 2". It was ruined of course but the arrow never split or cracked, it only bulged in that area and you could see the weave. I like them but they are hard to find.:darkbeer:
GrantC said:
I have recently become unhappy with the arrows that I shoot, and want to select another type. I was wondering if all you guys could help me decide on an arrow? I shoot for hunting and for fun. Please help me decide. Thanks.

05 Diamond Victory
70 lbs
27.5 draw
TT drop away

·
Registered
555 Posts
I shoot GT pros and love them. I have shot alot of arrows to find what makes me feel confortable and this arrow does it for me. The are 8.2 gpi and a straightness of .001. The fly true and are durable.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i use easton axis 400 and let me tell you i though it was all bull about the arrow i was wrong i will post a pics of me shooting at 30 yards and the grouping i was getting was great i have to refletch 3 of the arrows.and now i'm going to try the vapors they say they fly the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts