Archery Talk Forum banner

Which B-Stinger and Weight do you recommend?

698 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  bow75
I have a 101st Bowtech Airborne. I honestly don't know an awful lot about how to stabilize a bow properly. I will use this for Hunting and 3D. The weights come in 11oz, 14oz, and 17oz...I think??? Of course I can't go over the 12" point.Can anyone help me out here? Also, How do you know if the bow is stabilized properly? I care about holding on the target better than just dampening the sound. Since, most of today's bows are pretty quiet.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I have a 101st Bowtech Airborne. I honestly don't know an awful lot about how to stabilize a bow properly. I will use this for Hunting and 3D. The weights come in 11oz, 14oz, and 17oz...I think??? Of course I can't go over the 12" point.Can anyone help me out here? Also, How do you know if the bow is stabilized properly? I care about holding on the target better than just dampening the sound. Since, most of today's bows are pretty quiet.

Ohhhhh...I had a 101st last year and LOVED it!

I used a 14 ouncer for hunting with NO troubles at all! Just perfect!

For target - the 101st REALLY digs the 17 ouncer so long as you can...the longer axle to axle is just perfect for the big weight!

THAT bow, with a B-Stinger is an UNREAL combination!

I have a TON of pics of the combo if you are interested.

· Vendor
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome!!!

I would love to see pics! I was kinda thinking the same thing. I hope I can find a good deal on one!!! The 101st should come in tomorrow. I hope I like it. I just sold my Allegiance for it. I actually like my 07 Guardian better than my 08 Allegiance( I liked the added weight of the Guardian for stability)

· Registered
2,616 Posts
Extra length will NEVER affect your PERFORMANCE in a negative way. The more length, the more physics comes into play and the more leverage you will get out of the stabilizer. The farther out you have the weight distributed from your bow, the more steady your bow will hold. What the B Stinger does is makes your bow resist all motion at the moment of truth right in that split second when you pull the trigger on your release. If the bow torques then that could affect your point of impact, and the B Stinger RESISTS that torque of the bow when it shoots because of the way it was designed and the science behind it.

Like I said a minute ago the LONGER and HEAVIER your stabilizer, the "better" it will be. However sometimes people feel "too much weight" and that is when you back it down one noch. You want the heaviest you can possible get it while being COMFORTABLE for a whole day of 3D shooting or a 3 minute hold on the big whitetail/elk. That is why I use a 14 oz weight on mine.

More about the physics, take this as an example. A 8.5" B Stinger with a 14 oz weight will not work as well as a 12" B Stinger with a 11 oz weight. You must remember though, if you are getting a quick disconnect, remember to be hunter class legal the longest your stabilizer can be is 12". If you are NOT interested in shooting this class for 3D, then the quick disconnect will work great and further distribute the weight from your bow, thus increasing accuracy and performance. If you DO want to shoot in these classes, contace Blair from B Stinger and tell him you want him to make you a custom one that is 10.5" or however long you need it to be so with the quick disconnect the length does not exceed 12"

Like I said, the longer and heavier before it is too uncomfortable for you is the best you can actually get it to be. Personally, I shoot in the hunter class so I use a 12" 14 oz for my set up for 3D. and then for hunting I use a 8.5" with a quick disconnect so it is really about 10.5" with a 14 oz weight. 12" should never get in your way for hunting, it is just something personal for me. Anymore question I will love to help! Good luck! :thumbs_up

· Banned
3,222 Posts
you see alot of 14 and 17 Oz models for sale on the traders forum ,thier owners stating too heavy,selling to get lighter unit.

· Vendor
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are Awesome!!!

I am convinced. For now I am going to purchase a 12" w/ 14oz weight. I will also thry the 17oz'er in the future for even better grouping for 3d. I have a 11.5" Doinker Field Stabilizer now but everyone is telling me the B-Stingers are awesome and the unbeatable!!!! If any of you now where I can get a good deal on one, let me know:teeth::thumbs_up

· Registered
2,616 Posts
I am convinced. For now I am going to purchase a 12" w/ 14oz weight. I will also thry the 17oz'er in the future for even better grouping for 3d. I have a 11.5" Doinker Field Stabilizer now but everyone is telling me the B-Stingers are awesome and the unbeatable!!!! If any of you now where I can get a good deal on one, let me know:teeth::thumbs_up
I know where you can get a good deal. :zip:

:wink:

You're welcome man :thumbs_up

· Registered
4,838 Posts
B-Stinger

Both will be great combinations. The first thing that you will notice is that your bow will feel like it has been put in a vice once your pin is on the target and all movement stops.

You'll almost feel as though you're cheating. :tongue:

· Registered
960 Posts
I like the 8.5" 11oz with a QD for hunting. For targets only I would go with the 12" 14oz or 17oz depending on the balance and weight of the bare bow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.