Archery Talk Forum banner

Which B-Stinger

993 Views 20 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  SWIABOONER
Should I buy? I've decided to just go ahead and buy a B stinger I'm leaning towards the 12" model but the length does concern me a little bit. My major question is which weight should I go with? I'm thinking about the 11oz but which would be best for my setup(in my signature29in 71lb draw)? I'm not worried about it being to heavy, I'm a pretty big guy, so should I go with the 12" 11oz or 14oz and should I even consider the 8.5" bar or just go with the 12". I hunt out of a ground blind some during deer season and plan to hit it pretty hard next spring for the turks.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I have teh same bow....definitly go with the 12 inch - you will benefit more from the added length and it is not cumbersome at all in the woods.

I have used the 11, 14, and 17 ounce...11 ounce was a great starting point, but I soon got used to it and craved more, so I went with thr 17 ouncer for targets....great for target, but for hunting, I wanted a bit less. The 14 ounce is the PERFECT "do all" weight and will be on my 101st next month!

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I really like the 12" 14oz as well. The length is more important than the weight. Like NY said, not cumbersome at all to me in the woods.

· Registered
3,486 Posts
ditto, the 14oz is perfect as an all around wieght.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do any of you guys have any experience with them hunting out of a blind? That is my one concern for the longer one. In the tree stand I have no worries. This will be my first year hunting out of a blind, I won't be doing it much for deer hunting but turkey hunting this spring I'll probably be in the blind all the time.

· In the begining God......
3,786 Posts
WEll I have a Posten and a B-Stinger. Posten is 12 inch model. The B-Stinger is 8 inch with 11 oz weight. I just got the Stinger. Shot a 3D with it this past week end. I liked the Posten but I love the Stinger. I think the 8 inch with 11 oz weight is perfect for me & my set up.

Elite Aigi
28 in DL
57 LBS.

· Registered
23,637 Posts
Do any of you guys have any experience with them hunting out of a blind? That is my one concern for the longer one. In the tree stand I have no worries. This will be my first year hunting out of a blind, I won't be doing it much for deer hunting but turkey hunting this spring I'll probably be in the blind all the time.

I am 6 foot 3, 240 pounds and hunt from a Mtrix...ALOT. NO problems at full draw at all.:wink:

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great that's what I wanted to hear. Big guy myself. Looks like I'll be placing an order for a 12" 14oz B-Stinger. Now I'm really excited!

· Registered
6,430 Posts
I shot a 11oz 12" Stinger this past weekend on my GT500 and put the smackdown at the Sportsmans Warehouse Buck Wild 3/D POp-up tourney.. My B -Stinger and Limb driver worked great for fast loading and accurate shots... THough I am thinking of stepping up to 14oz now after about 3 or 4 league shoots.. If I were shooting it mainly for hunting.. I'd definately concider the shorter 8.5" with 14oz or even 11oz... Both would make for a great combo....

· Registered
272 Posts
I have the twevle inch(I've always wanted to say that). The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't fit in my bow case. I guess I'm either going to get the eight inch(never wanted to say that) or get a the quick detach(I can promise you I've never wanted to say that). One thing I don't understand, it seems a lot of the people who choose the eight inch get the 11oz versus the heavier weight end pieces. It seems to me you'd want to get the 14 or 17 oz versions if you go to the shorter length.

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I have never been a fan of the quick disconnects, so I have no problems letting my 12 incher hang out.......:wink:

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I ordered a 12" 14oz B stinger yesterday afternoon. Should be here in a week can't wait to get it on and start shooting. I hope it doesn't take to long to get used too as the season starts on Oct. 1.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do can't wait to put it on and shoot.

· Registered
446 Posts
Should I buy? I've decided to just go ahead and buy a B stinger I'm leaning towards the 12" model but the length does concern me a little bit. My major question is which weight should I go with? I'm thinking about the 11oz but which would be best for my setup(in my signature29in 71lb draw)? I'm not worried about it being to heavy, I'm a pretty big guy, so should I go with the 12" 11oz or 14oz and should I even consider the 8.5" bar or just go with the 12". I hunt out of a ground blind some during deer season and plan to hit it pretty hard next spring for the turks.
Definately go 12" and 14oz or 17. I started with the 11 oz, and then switched to the 14oz and hardly noticed it.

E

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I have a 12" doinker with a 9 oz custom weight in front, I tried more weight trying to emulate the B stinger and thought more weight was too much.
I do believe weight forward for hunting length stabs is the way to go.How much weight is something you should try to play with to get what is optimum for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.