Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a sight to shoot out to 100 yards with. Want it fully functional for elk hunting at all distances (up close) - not shooting 100 at elk. Live in MT, put tons of miles on with bow in hand every year. Black Gold has a couple that look interesting, but I'm not 100% clear on the differences. This is what I gather from the website:

- Ascent Verdict - seems to be their standard sight.
- Ascent Verdict Assault - from what I gather it's the same as the verdict, but with micro adjustments for sighting in? Worth getting?
- Mountain Lite - Says it's lighter than the others, but I don't see a weight on the website?? I would imagine it's only an ounce or two lighter than the Ascent Verdict. How much do you loose in features for the minimal weight savings?

I'm thinking of going with a 5 pin. Any reason to consider another number of pins?

Any other sights out there that are worth considering?

Thanks!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I’ve owned just about all of the top brand Mulit and single pin slider sights. Currently have a 3 pin ascent verdict with 4” dovetail. I can attest that black gold has the brightest pins out of everything. Being that a I primarily hunt whitetail I run a 3 pins sight. Yes the micro tune is nice I would highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
Depends in what you want. Been using the accent verdict for a few years now and have to plans to change them I hve one single pin and one 4pin.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
CBE Engage Hybrid...pins now as bright at MBG, Pins micro adjustable and beefier plus use metal tapes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Verdict is the standard

Assault comes with micro elevation and windage

Pro comes with micro elevation and windage and pins

White tail is basically a compact smaller version of the verdict

I own a pro which is great... but if I bought again I might go with an assault. Micro just pins are kinda a waste in my opinion. Added weight with little benefit.

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
I enjoy my 4 pin Tommy Hogg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have three MBG sights. Newest is the Pure 75 fully micro-adjustable on my RX3 Ultra. My RX3 is definitely top and front heavy with that sight. Looking to change to a different a MBG, most likely the Ascent Verdict, single pin. It's lighter.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I like my Black Gold Pro Sight 3 Pin slider.

3 pin gives you better sight picture than 5 pin. You can set the 3 pins to 20, 30, and 40 yards which will cover a majority of hunting shots. Then you can use the slider to reach to longer distances for practice.

·
Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,529 Posts
Best place to buy one? Do they ever go on sale? I'm not in a hurry.
I’ve bought mine from S&S Archery that I highly recommend as they are a sponsor on here. Also Bean Outdoors is a great place to buy from as they are a sponsor here and both offer a Archeytalk discount if I’m not mistaken.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Been huntin with black gold for years. Best imo! Using the whitetail 2 pin. My first slider sight. Couldn't be happier!
Bought mine from s&s archery, great cs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Eric at beanoutdoors is awesome too!
S&S archery has AT discount also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
^^^^ I’ll third buying from S&S. They’re great to deal with and if you want an honest opinion with which direction to go, give them a call. They’re always willing to help!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Tagged. I've been shopping around looking at different sliders recently. Been leaning towards the Black Gold's. From my research...

- Ascent Verdict - No micro adjust anything, but pretty much sets the standard. Has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis adjustment
- Mountain Lite - Similar to the Verdict, but comes with a little shorter mounting bracket to save some weight (but maybe 1 oz or so). Also comes with the dual pointer for 2020 Has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis adjustment.
- Whitetail - Similar to the Mountain Lite, but does not have the 3rd axis adjustment.
- Verdict Assault - Same as Verdict, but with micro adjust gang windage and elevation adjustments. Has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis adjustment.

All of them are available to get the dual pointer option.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tagged. I've been shopping around looking at different sliders recently. Been leaning towards the Black Gold's. From my research...

- Ascent Verdict - No micro adjust anything, but pretty much sets the standard. Has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis adjustment
- Mountain Lite - Similar to the Verdict, but comes with a little shorter mounting bracket to save some weight (but maybe 1 oz or so). Also comes with the dual pointer for 2020 Has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis adjustment.
- Whitetail - Similar to the Mountain Lite, but does not have the 3rd axis adjustment.
- Verdict Assault - Same as Verdict, but with micro adjust gang windage and elevation adjustments. Has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis adjustment.

All of them are available to get the dual pointer option.
Did you settle on a sight? Im looking for same thing. Hunting only, want the easiest sight to set up and shoot. 3pin slider.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts