Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get my first blind here very soon. Which one do you guys like out of the ASAT Quickie Blind, Primos Vision, and Ameristep Intimadator. All are around $200 so its not too much of a price issue. Also any leads on some good prices or good places to look would be appreciative. I

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Well I have a Vision and think it is a very good blind. In fact I cancelled my order on my new Double bull,that's how impressed I am with the Vision. I do alot of turkey hunting out of blinds,and have owned most and hunted out of jut about every one on the market. My serious hunting buddies all own DB's,and when they checked out my Vision,they were very impressed by the quality. They especially were impresed by the quality to cost ratio,as am I. When I go home to hunt for a month in Oct & Nov the Vision will be brushed in and left out the whole time. That will be a goood test,good luck with which evre one you pick.

· Registered
522 Posts
I had an Intimidator last season. It's a nicely constructed blind but has problems with the fabric. They fade easily if left out and the color bleeds when they get wet. The one I had got rained on once and snowed on once. The color bled so bad it didn't look like camo anymore. I contacted Ameristep about it and they said that they are portable blinds that are not intended to be left out for long periods. Mine wasn't out for what I consider a long period. I mean I would expect to be able to use it all season. I didn't have a fading problem because mine was set up in the shadows. It wasn't in any direct sunlight. However I have read reviews stating that they fade easily if left in the sun. I bought it at Cabelas and they took it back. I spoke with the sales guy there and he said they are getting a lot of them back for fading and color bleed problems.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an ASAT blind and really like it. good fabric, sets up easy and seems well built. My only complaint is you cannot get replacement mesh windows for it:sad:

That reminds me. Isn't ASAT supposed to switch to another manufacturer other than Eastman. Or did they already make the switch?

· Registered
2,556 Posts
I am looking to get my first blind here very soon. Which one do you guys like out of the ASAT Quickie Blind, Primos Vision, and Ameristep Intimadator. All are around $200 so its not too much of a price issue. Also any leads on some good prices or good places to look would be appreciative. I
Here's an honest review from the Cabela's website that I posted there right before I exchanged mine for a DB Matrix.

"My first impression out of the box was that it was a good blind- for the price. It sets up easier than another popular blind costing twice as much. but that's the only thing I found to be better than the other blind.

The magnetic windows: Several magnets are missing after 4 days in the field. And, speaking of magnets, apparently antelope don't like the sound of magnets snapping shut when you're adjusting windows! A good idea, but not practical. There are better ways to secure windows. And those pesky magnets won't hold the windows closed in a stiff breeze! I had to tie them in place.

The fabric: The fabric is noisy in even a slight breeze. It's extremely loud in a steady wind. It's also very, very shiny. If I were planning to keep it I would mud it to tone it down.

The tie down stakes: The stakes are worthless. They're about a .09" diameter and are soft. They weren't able to be pushed into the ground here in Nevada. Even if you could drive these "stakes" into the ground, they wouldn't be able to hold the blind down in a stiff breeze. I used 10" steel spikes from my wall tent.

Overall, the blind is a poor choice unless you like noisy, shiny fabric and windows that won't stay closed in a breeze, and stakes that would work better as a kabob skewer on the BBQ. In fact, come to think of it, my skewers are heavier than the stakes!

Save your money and buy a better blind."

I also tried an older Ameristep blind out. I had it for less than 24 hours.

If you can swing the extra cash, go with a DB. They cost more for a reason. You won't find a better blind. The cloth is superior, the frame is better and the overall quality is second to none. At least that has been my personal experience.

· Registered
2,556 Posts
So which blimd is the person talking about,that he didn't like.
The Ameristep Intimidator.
If that questioned was directed at me, I'm talking about the Vision blind. It's the only one with the magnets in the windows. Or, more accurately, it has pockets where the magnets are supposed to be.

I also tried an Ameristep blind, though it wasn't the Intimidator.

Sorry, I left that out in my first post.

· Registered
385 Posts
I used the Asat last year and left it up all season. Very durable, no real fading, cost efficient, and I recommend it to my friends.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone know where to get the ASAT blind cheaper that $240. If I spend that much I mind as well get a double bull.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As you said, you may as well get the Double Bull. Spend the money now and you'll be ahead in the long run. Been there, done that.
Is there a smaller option than the matrix in that line up with decent window setup. I realize it may not be 360 but what about the t-2? It'll just be me and I think the matrix is way too big.

· Registered
2,556 Posts
Is there a smaller option than the matrix in that line up with decent window setup. I realize it may not be 360 but what about the t-2? It'll just be me and I think the matrix is way too big.
I don't have any experience with the T2, but I've heard good things about them. The Matrix is only available at Cabela's as far as I know. The Dark Horse also has a good window set up from what I hear.

The Matrix really isn't that big. It's the same size as the Vision blind. With 2 people inside it fills up quick. By yourself you would have room to maneuver easily if need be.

I had used a friends Matrix before I bought the Vision blind. My thought was that price of the Vision blind was good and the reviews I read were good. However, I was extremely disappointed. Maybe if I hadn't used the DB I wouldn't have cared. But the quality wasn't there. You read my review. It's an honest evaluation of my experience.

Trust me, you won't regret buying the Double Bull.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.