Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious about this, not out to bash any bows here. But I'd like to know which company provides the best warranty? My wife has an Elite Hunter that is a sweet bow to shoot, plus it comes with a transferable warranty to boot.

Are there any other bow company's out there with a similar warranty?

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Bear Bows.

I had an situation where I left my bow on top of my car and drove off. bow hit the highway at 60 mph and bear sent a new cam, and a new limb.
I was of course responsible for replacing the rest.

they knew exactly what happened and still took care of me.

I think they even overnighted everything to my local shop for me.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Several companies have the transferable warranty. If you're looking for a company with top notch customer service and a great warranty, alot of the smaller companies (Athens, New Breed, etc.) have some of the best CS and warranty because they depend on it for sales. I read alot of threads on here about people talking New Breed's CS up. It's my understanding that the owner of Athens is a great guy too, so you can expect the warranty to be true.

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,726 Posts
Bowtechs isn't bad. If your old bow with a lifetime warranty breaks and they no longer make parts u get a new bow at a discounted price!!! How can u beat it??

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
This is my biggest pet peeve with Hoyt. Top notch bow with a top notch price, but no transferable lifetime warranty. I also believe they won't grant you a warranty if you purchase the bow online.

Meat

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Elite is hard to beat. Not only do they have a lifetime fully transferable warranty, but this:

"It happens. You are on the hunt of a lifetime and you accidentally touch your broadhead to your string. You are taking your one-week of vacation to hunt with your friends and your buddy dry-fires your bow. If there isn’t a bow shop within driving distance, your hunt is over – but not if you’re shooting an Elite bow. No matter where you are or what happened to your bow, Elite will send a bow to you at no charge the very next day so that you can finish your hunt. This bow is on loan from Elite Archery and not intended to replace your damaged bow. The loaner bow will arrive with the customers requested draw weight and length, with a rest, sight and peep installed. The bow will be tuned and ready to shoot. It will only need to be sighted in with the customer’s arrows."

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Bowtechs isn't bad. If your old bow with a lifetime warranty breaks and they no longer make parts u get a new bow at a discounted price!!! How can u beat it??
So you buy a bow with a lifetime warranty, have it for 5-10 years and it breaks through no fault of your own, you call up bowtech, oh thats right I forgot YOUR DEALLER CALLS bowtech, and say's your LIFETIME WARRANTIED bow breaks...they offer you a discount on a new bow and your happy????

You're right my friend, bowtechs warranty isn't bad....it blowtechs!!!

Elite and Athens are among the tops, Elite gets the slight edge due to the "Elite Promise", plus you can call them yourself to order parts or deal with warranty issues which is a big deal to me...I can't order parts direct from Strothers which is the bow I currently shoot, so I wont and cant say they are the BEST in terms of warranty! My personal best experience with CS was from Martin and Joel C to be exact, its a real shame what they are going through right now....may not have been for everyone, but they most certainly have always had a place in the archery world and for the most part always tried to fill that niche the best they could!!!

·
Born yank raised south
17,304 Posts
Athens, Elite, and Stevens all have transferable warranties.

·
Registered
864 Posts
This!! However I heard that Prime will replace your strings every 2 years for free!
Elite is hard to beat. Not only do they have a lifetime fully transferable warranty, but this:

"It happens. You are on the hunt of a lifetime and you accidentally touch your broadhead to your string. You are taking your one-week of vacation to hunt with your friends and your buddy dry-fires your bow. If there isn’t a bow shop within driving distance, your hunt is over – but not if you’re shooting an Elite bow. No matter where you are or what happened to your bow, Elite will send a bow to you at no charge the very next day so that you can finish your hunt. This bow is on loan from Elite Archery and not intended to replace your damaged bow. The loaner bow will arrive with the customers requested draw weight and length, with a rest, sight and peep installed. The bow will be tuned and ready to shoot. It will only need to be sighted in with the customer’s arrows."

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Elite and Strother have the best CS and warranty service I have ever used. There is some with the transferable warranty like elite, but I think the service is just as important. If you cannot get parts or cannot get a hold of someone in cs what is the use of a warranty.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mathews has been great for me! But just like bowtech. The Warranty ISNT transferable (to my knowledge). So thats a big negative as far as i'm concerned.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Mathews has been great for me! But just like bowtech. The Warranty ISNT transferable (to my knowledge). So thats a big negative as far as i'm concerned.
Don't see how that's a negative? The company has taken care of you. I don't buy a bow wondering if someone else is covered by the warranty. I am concerned about me since I am the one dropping the cash.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I don`t even consider a transferable warranty when I buy a bow. Warranty work is covered in the price of a new bow. If that is a priority for you then don`t buy a used bow.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
A lot depends on the dealer from what I have seen. Some people can get almost anything fixed regardless of what it is and who is at fault at some dealers. Some people live a nightmare getting ANYTHING fixed at some dealers.

It is nice companies have the "lifetime transferable warranties" like Elite, Stevens, Athens and New Breed. That's a top notch warranty for any product!

A few years ago I bought a Bear Charge and had a problem with fletching contact no matter how the local shop moved my rest...the cables were just too close. He called Bear while I stood right next to him and they emailed him an overnight shipping label. They also asked my home address for the return, they would fix it and tune it and send it directly to me. They guaranteed on the phone I would have it back at my house in 5 business days. Turns out it was just some REAL bad cam lean the local shop put in it while he was attempting to tune it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don`t even consider a transferable warranty when I buy a bow. Warranty work is covered in the price of a new bow. If that is a priority for you then don`t buy a used bow.
I only every buy new. I was simply looking at it from a 2nd hand owners perspective. And if you think about it. Using the "transferable warranty" as a sales pitch could help when trying to sell.

·
Banned
5,673 Posts

Good luck using that part of the warranty lol. That's a marketing ploy that's all that is.

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,726 Posts
Your right it sucks getting a brand new bow for $450 what was I thinking.... Heck a trailcam breaks after a yr they do nothing but 5-10 yrs and they offer a bow at 1/2 price why would u complain??

So you buy a bow with a lifetime warranty, have it for 5-10 years and it breaks through no fault of your own, you call up bowtech, oh thats right I forgot YOUR DEALLER CALLS bowtech, and say's your LIFETIME WARRANTIED bow breaks...they offer you a discount on a new bow and your happy????

You're right my friend, bowtechs warranty isn't bad....it blowtechs!!!

Elite and Athens are among the tops, Elite gets the slight edge due to the "Elite Promise", plus you can call them yourself to order parts or deal with warranty issues which is a big deal to me...I can't order parts direct from Strothers which is the bow I currently shoot, so I wont and cant say they are the BEST in terms of warranty! My personal best experience with CS was from Martin and Joel C to be exazct, its a real shame what they are going through right now....may not have been for everyone, but they most certainly have always had a place in the archery world and for the most part always tried to fill that niche the best they could!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts