Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which bow has the best combination of (1) the fastest IBO speed, and (2) the longest draw length ???

Thanks

Woody

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
APA Mamba XL 36 - 340 f/s, 26-32" dl. 7.25 bh.

·
Registered
484 Posts
most hoyts?.. depending on which cams you have

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
most hoyts?.. depending on which cams you have
I don't believe Hoyt has a bow reaching 340 f/s other than the Alphaburner and if I'm not mistaken they max out DL at 30".

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't believe Hoyt has a bow reaching 340 f/s other than the Alphaburner and if I'm not mistaken they max out DL at 30".
hoyt crx 35 with the long draw fuel cams is 32'' draw ibo 318 fps

hoyt vantage ltd 34'' max draw at ibo 275 fps

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
pse axe bows are fast and you can go to 31 1/2" all on the cams ...no press or extras to buy...

they can do, what others, need an extra 10# to do the same.....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
bowtech destroyer 340.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I have a Maitland Zeus that will stretch out all the way to 34"! IBO is @ 320. Mine is for sale too. PM me if you have questions.

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
question is how many archers have a 32" draw length? so i will stick to a more rounded question is what bow has the fastest speed with the smoothest draw. and for me its the pse evo

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
PSE VXL goes to 32"
I think that cam on the Supra goes out to 33" but don't quote me on that.
Both are very smooth and very nice speed (330plus)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Maitland Zeus VTR 335 IBO

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm trying to figure out which bow would make the best "Flight" bow.

The rules:

It's not allowed to be more than 60 lb draw weight.

And it must be an off the shelf commercially available bow, Frankensteining a bow would be ok, as long as all the parts used are from commercially available bows.

Since it's limited to 60 lbs, then next best way to get more speed (apart from having a fast IBO speed to start with) is to increase the draw length as much as possible. (hence the question)

There is no target to aim at in "Flight" shooting, it's all about just launching an arrow as far as you possibly can, so form and a draw length that's way too long are not an issue (as long as I don't take my ear off with the bow string, LOL )

Woody

1 - 20 of 34 Posts