Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Monster 6. I can't remember if it was as quiet as the Z7 when I shot it back in Nov. 09.

What's your thoughts ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Z7 is quieter

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have shot both, but not side by side. The M6 was really quiet for a speed bow and z7 is a quiet bow period. I personally would look at the M7 instead of the M6. I have not shot the M7, but people say it does not have the hump in the draw cycle that the M6 has.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have shot both, but not side by side. The M6 was really quiet for a speed bow and z7 is a quiet bow period. I personally would look at the M7 instead of the M6. I have not shot the M7, but people say it does not have the hump in the draw cycle that the M6 has.
If I invest $700 to $1000 bucks on a new bow I want it to shoot over 300 fps. I don't know if it can be done with a M7. I don't have a problem with 70#'s but my DL is only 27.5 at best. I am thinking M6.5. On the other hand I don't want a nosie bow either.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I bet if you put monkey tails on the Monster it would be just as quiet.:darkbeer:

There both equally quiet. The Monster, decked out with accessories, is far from being loud. If you want to hear noisy go shoot a Hoyt.

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Looking for a Monster 6. I can't remember if it was as quiet as the Z7 when I shot it back in Nov. 09.

What's your thoughts ?
not even close z7 but if you want a very quiet speed bow look at the axe6 it was only .7db louder than the the z7 but 20fps faster.check out outdoorlife mags 2010 bow test.

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
the monster i shot seemed a tad loud, maybe not for a speedy bow though. the reezen was plenty quieter even.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Z7 is definatly quieter than the monster6. A couple of silencer on the string and you'll have a quiet monster. I have the monster6 with nothing on the string but a CSS. All the deer I shot at heard the noise but they couldn't answer me when I found them.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I can tell you right now, take all three string stops off the Z7 to make all things equal between the two and the Z7 is much louder. Those limb mounted stops make more difference than most realize.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If your just comparing noise the Z7 is quieter.
If your looking for plenty of speed to kill deer the Z7 has that too.

I shot the Z7, M7, LX and my Outback all side by side. I ended up with the Z7 becasue I really liked the feel more than anything. When they say smooth smooth smooth they mean it. Smooth drawing, smooth in the hand after the shot, and quiet. It is also plenty fast. I don't know speeds specifically but should be well over 300 or really close for the shorter draw length.

I liked the M7 but the draw cycle was pretty extreeme coming from shooting an Outback then shooting the Z7 before the M7. The M7 is quiet and if you add a couple monkey tails and a dead end stop you should be ok there. If I could afford a second bow it would be the M7.

Only thing I would have to mention about the Z7 is when at full draw there is very little "wall" and the bow wants to pull back so you need to get on target and let it fly.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
If I invest $700 to $1000 bucks on a new bow I want it to shoot over 300 fps. I don't know if it can be done with a M7. I don't have a problem with 70#'s but my DL is only 27.5 at best. I am thinking M6.5. On the other hand I don't want a nosie bow either.
If that is the case, the M7 is ibo'd at 10 ft faster then the Z7? The M7 will get you over the 300 fps mark. The Z7 will put you right around 300 with a 27.5 dl and the type of arrow you shoot.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts

What's your thoughts ?

If you're lookin' for a Monster 6 then you shouldn't really compare ANY of it's characteristics to the Z7. They are TOTALLY different animals... no comparison other than the Mathews logo!

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I wasn't even close to impressed with the Z7 but I still would consider buying the Monster 6, a little top heavy yes but I liked the way it shot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts