Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bow Vises? Just wondering if OMP is still basically the top dog? I need to get one for the bench and I really wonder if the 190. dollars is worth it for my recreational tuning..lol the models costing half that look tempting.

I will pick it up if it's worth it, but feedback from owners. Also guys using the less costly models, do you feel like you are missing out? or are you just fine with them

Registered
I bought one on here from a sponsor named spewingjason. Pretty sure they can still be found in the manufacturers section. I love mine and it cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-55. No way would I spend $190 on a vise....but that's just me. My spewingjason vice works great!

Registered
I have the versa cradle vise. I bought mine before omp started selling them. I paid $125 for mine from berry's manufacturing. The price has gone up. You can find them for around $175 if you look around on the net. But yes, they are worth it. Very quick and easy to maneuver the bow around. You are not stuck to just one side of your bow. Buy right, buy once.

Registered
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^. Purchased vice from spewingjason as well and works great.

Registered
I bought one on here from a sponsor named spewingjason. Pretty sure they can still be found in the manufacturers section. I love mine and it cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-55. No way would I spend $190 on a vise....but that's just me. My spewingjason vice works great!

The OMP is a great vise, I have a friend who has one. But to be honest, I also purchased this same vice from SpewingJason here on the forums and I have no complaints, it works as well or better than any vice I have used. It's well worth the $ 50-60 he charges.

Registered
Love my OMP.

Registered
I don't have a specified bow vice but I have a normal bench top vice and a pana vice with a cross vice attachment. I take the cross ice attachment out and clamp th shaft dof that in my bench vice. I can put the bow in any position I want and it holds it perfect. Much cheaper if u already have some shop tools

Registered
I just ordered a vise from spewingjason. Its simple and easy to use.

Distance hole puncher
I just ordered a vise from spewingjason. Its simple and easy to use.
+1
spewingjason's vice is very reasonably priced and does everything I need.

Registered
I have an OMP and it is the best for most bows, but it does not work well with the recent Hoyts with air shox dampeners on the limbs as there is not enough flat spot on the limbs to clamp down on. I do not want to take the Air Shox off every time I want to put the bow in a vise. I am still looking for a good stabilizer held bow vise for my Hoyt.

Registered
I just traded up for an OMP. Love it and not looking back!

Registered
i just bought an OMP a few months ago from BowhuntingOutlet.com

i used the free shipping code - froogle1

total cost to my door was $180.46

this was the cheapest i could find it and shipping was super fast. i dont know if the free shipping code is still working but its worth a try.

its an awesome product. i am also a DIY, weekend tuner. i just like working on my own stuff. i also wondered if this was more than i would need and if i should spend the money. i cannot even explain to you how much i have used this thing and i absolutely love it. to me, it is well worth the coin. it is a very quality product, built like a tank.

Registered
x-2 on this!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts