Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which bow would you make your primary rig? I like each one and plan on shooting them all because I like them equally. I'm leaning towards the hunter but I'm interested in your opinions. If you like other companies I get it but this post is for these three rigs. Thanks

2013 Elite hunter , qad hdx, CBE sniper pro
2015 bowtech prodigy, ripcord, sword twilight hunter 5 pin
2014 hoyt faktor 30, ProV, sword 3rd plain 5 pin

Same arrow weights and draw weight

·
Registered
414 Posts
The one you shoot the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can shoot them all good

·
Registered
153 Posts
I leaning towards the Hoyt myself...I guess it depends on your hunting situation too.. axle length would be a big factor if you shoot all of them well..

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
If your just hunting shoot them all from a stand, blind or how ever you hunt and mark all your shots and they ones you feel like you made a bad shot, mark that one and which ever bow you shoot the best when you feel you made a bad shot pick that one. Well that's how I do it. I shoot my hoyt best from flat ground and on good days but when the pressure is on and steep shots my prime shines for me, even when I pull a bad shot it's still near where I aim and on avg it seems 2-3" better then my hoyt

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,231 Posts
The one you shoot the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. I shoot my 2009 GT500s better than any bow I’ve tried. Picked up a 2015 E35 and i’m not sure it’s going to be able to push the GTs to the bench.

·
Mark
5,700 Posts
For me Prodigy

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
Pretty good set of choices.

I would go with the Prodigy.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,509 Posts
Of those you listed...Hunter everyday that ends in “y” and twice on days that start with a consonant.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ttt, thanks for the guys giving there opinion on the three listed

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
I have the same problem,
Prime Centergy
2013 Hoyt Matrix with RKT cams
Xpedition Denali
I like the Denali and Matrix for weight, the Denali is the fastest and had the best back wall/letoff. The Centergy shoots/holds so well, it's a hard decision. I have hunted with the Matrix for 4 years, it's earned a place in the competition. I'm going to have a 50 yard shoot off with broad heads! All of them are tuned perfectly and shoot a fixed broad head spot-on! I might just have to spread the love around LOL

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I'm leaning towards. Spreading the love around

·
Registered
880 Posts
Of the 3, I've only shot the Prodigy. That's what I'm currently using with no complaints. With that said, pick the one you like the most.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I shot the faktor the. Eat yesterday but today might be different haha.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
Shoot them all,I have these setup right now and have been hunting with them all for turkey and bear season,plan to continue to for the future as well..

-moxie wrath sho-62 lbs
-moxie rush xt-67 lbs
-moxie rush xt-61 lbs
-elite v37-62 lbs
-new breed blade-55 lbs

I just rotate or take turns.I shoot all of them very well....Grizz

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Age and brand have very little to do with which one you should choose. The one that you have the most confidence in...the go to bow in any situation...the one that's most dependable....that's your primary bow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts