Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm fairly new here but since i found this site i have to say i'm hooked. Anyway i'm about to get a newer bow to replace my old but trusty jennings machined extreme. i don't need anything faster, just quieter and less jump. i am on a tight budget but here's what i have narrowed down to. 1. a new hoyt lasertec for $399, 2. a used hoyt cybertec single cam for $350, or 3. a used mathews q2xl for $400. All shot very good but the mathews draw length was long so i would probably need a new cam. Both hoyts shot well. Is the older hoyt worthwhile. it seemed really smooth and fast. I'm sure the lasertec would be nice but the cybertec has a nicer machined riser. I'm kinda stumped and all opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here we go!!!:fencing: :couch2:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Go with the one that feels and shoots best to YOU!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I won’t give advice on what bows to buy, but for myself I am waiting to see what the new Martin catalog comes out with before I decide.
Cheers
Peter

·
(aka lug nut)
48,437 Posts
Welcome to ArcheryTalk muzzymikeb:

Have you seen or tried any bows with the new parallel limbs?
Very shock free.

Whatever bow you decide to purchase,
consider getting a bow with a cam system where the draw length is adjustable (cam has a draw length module attached).

It will save you $$ in the long run
when you decide you need to change your draw length by 1/2-inch.

PS:

Martin has a parallel limb bow for $399 retail.
(Bengal).

http://www.martinarchery.com/?page=bows&bow=bengal

·
Registered
343 Posts
try the Bengal like nuts &bolts saidcause its the best 400 bucks you are gonna spend on a bow. it is the best bow on the market for the $$$ no doubt, because i just bought one and it is as smooth in every way as the higher priced bows. i have shot most of them also and the bengal impressed me more than any other. but buy what feels good to you, thats what i did.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Dont limit yourself to a few choices. Look around, those older hoyt maybe worthwhile, in fact my hunting bow is still a 5 years old hoyt mt sport and it still serves me well. Look at the classifieds ,theres a lot ofbow there for less than $400. I got an 06 Newberry iron mace for there for $190. What a bow. Anyway, If I have a $400 right now and looking for brand new bow I will consider the following bow, in this order;

1. Martin Bengal
2. Reflex Highlander
3. Bear Element

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Martin Bengal for sure.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
In that price range you should look at the:
Reflex
Diamond
Hoyt Powertec
Fred bear
You might find something you like and you will get a lifetime warranty with all of them. All these bows routinely get great reviews.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts