Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing either the cuddeback or the leaf river digital (regular or the IR). Which one would you recommend and why? What are advantages or disadvantages of one versus the other? Please also let me know of your personal use with these and any complaints that you might have. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have both. Both also take great pictures but I think the Cuddeback is the best of the two only because of trigger speed. The Cuddy triggers in less than second and my Leaf River takes right at 4-5 seconds to trigger. But it takes the Cuddy about a minute to write the pic to the CF card. Why so long? I don't have a clue. The Leaf River has the Quick Shot option of three pics ( I think it is) if it detects anything and those shots trigger about one second apart. I use the Cuddy's for trails and my Leaf River for feeders,etc.

Forgot to mention that supposely the Leaf River IR will trigger in about 3 seconds.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I've heard only good things about both cameras, but the LR delay is a big factor. Both are pricey.
You may want to take a look at the Moultrie game spy 1.3 meg for $99-129 bucks, I have two and really don't see many bad things about them.
They need to make a better mounting system but that's about it.
The Moultrie can also take 1 or 2 or even 3 photos at one time. It can take stills or video too, and you can set the delay from seconds tominutes to hours. It has a handy lazer aim to that really helps when setting it up.
It takes SD memory cards also so you can take hundreds ,even thousands of photos depending on what card and image quality setting.
And you can buy 3 or 4 of them for the price of one of the "better brands".
Plus you won't feel as bad if it gets stolen. And the 6 volt rechargeable battery is nice, especially with the $20 solar panel that connects right to the side of the camera with clips "simple".
And it comes with a usb and rca video adapters if you need them. :thumbs_up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.