Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
IS IT BOW SEASON YET
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkin about gettin a new back tension release so what is the best and difference out of the three....the evolution, evolution + and the revolution....if you have any others feel free to throw them in there also

·
Registered
91 Posts
You could also try the TRU Ball Sweet II Spot. It one of the few BT releases that has a safety. However, I prefer the Evolution +.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
any body else with some help for me...im wanting to get something new today or tomorrow

i have the evolution, the evo +, and the backstrap

basically the evo and evo+ are the same release.....only difference is that the plus comes with the interchangable springs.....(which is good for fine tuning and adjusting to fit your needs)

the backstrap is the wrist strap style of the evo type release......

so depending on what your looking for.....all 3 are super release aids....

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The Evo and EVO+ are essentially the same release with the exception that the EVO + has the ITS system. It allows you to change springs without having to open the case of the release. On the regular EVO, you have to open the case to do that.

The revolution is also essentially the same internally, only it uses a pinky trigger safety instead of a thumb safety. I only got to try one of these for a short while. I have meaty paws and I kind of liked the feel of it over the feel of the EVO, not enough to buy one instead of the EVO though.

If they had made it when I got mine, I would have gotten the 2 finger EVO instead of the 3 finger...but then I like a 2 finger release (thats what I shot when I shot hinges)...

All 3 work essentially the same. You probably will have a hard time getting a new EVO, but prices on used ones are better than for the EVO+. If you have a pretty set holding weight, there really isn't a big advantage to the EVO+ so I say save the $$$ if going used...

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
The only differences between the Evo and the Revo are the shape and that the safety on the Evo is thumb-operated, and the safety on the Revo is pinky operated. I like the feel of the Evo better.

Also, consider buying an aluminum thumb barrel for the safety if you get the Evo. Ex-okie here on AT makes them for about $11. I use a 5/8" diameter one on my Evo, and it feels much better to me than the factory peg.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
i have the evolution, the evo +, and the backstrap

basically the evo and evo+ are the same release.....only difference is that the plus comes with the interchangable springs.....(which is good for fine tuning and adjusting to fit your needs)

the backstrap is the wrist strap style of the evo type release......

so depending on what your looking for.....all 3 are super release aids....
I have been quite interested in the backstrap but have hesitated in getting one as I was concerned about their size (I tried a HHA Little Pull but it was WAY too big for my hand). I shoot a quickie so small is what I am used to. What is your feeling on the backstrap relative to size issues?

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
I have been quite interested in the backstrap but have hesitated in getting one as I was concerned about their size (I tried a HHA Little Pull but it was WAY too big for my hand). I shoot a quickie so small is what I am used to. What is your feeling on the backstrap relative to size issues?
the head on the backstrap is twice as large as the quickie......

for me at first the backstrap seemed quite big.....but after i shot it awhile....it was not a big deal for me....

but, like i said, its twice as big as the quickie.....and if your familiar with the 2shot....(newer two shots-as first 2shots were size of quickies) its about size and half of the 2shot.....

its a wonderful wrist strap release....i needed this release a couple years ago...as i was a finger punching fool.....but had to work with the evo as it was the first of this generation type release from carter.......and now that ive worked it so much...im just used to it.....but when the shoulder gets any worse...i will move to the backstrap as its easier pulling on my shoulders....

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Thanks for the info. I hear ya on the finger punching fool deal. After 30 years, that habit is tough to break. I work on it, and work on it, and work on it some more - with, at best, marginal results. Couple that with the fact that I have been shooting a wrist strap release for the same amount of time and a hand held release feels like someone else is shooting the bow. I have been looking for a wrist strap release like the backstrap and the Loesch (or however you spell his last name) release but have had concerns about the size (like I said earlier). I guess I will have to bite the bullet and just get one!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Evolution Plus!

I'm shooting an Evolution Plus for practice and an Ember II for scores. I intend to get a Sensation as soon as they're available; love the feel of the Evolution, but it wears me out after 40 or 50 shots. If you're having ANY inconsistencies in your form, the Evolution will help a great deal. There's no way to cheat with an Evolution: unlike a hinge release, rotating it won't cause it to fire; unlike a thumb or other finger release, you can't punch it. If you set it too light, you'll punch yourself in the face; been there, done that...

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
We have quite a few people shooting the Evo+ and Revo+
One of our locals was getting stuck trying to shoot a 300. He was steadly in the 294-297 range but never a 300. Two weeks after getting the Evolution plus, he shot is first 300 with 43x. A week or so later he shot another one.

He likes the release so much he is using it for indoors and 3D.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Evolution +

By far the best back tension release I have used. Like stated before you can't cheat it. That was my main issue with every other release I tried. It will wear you out the first few times you shoot it, but I personally think being tired after practice means you worked your release, which is what you want to do. After the first few rounds you will be used to working that hard and it won't be as noticable, atleast it wasn't for me. I did just get mine at the ville' but I also shot my best X count ever saturday after shooting the Evo for one practice round. It literally cured my target panic in 2-3 hours of working with it. The guys that were watching me were blown away at how fast it changed me.

·
Registered
18,954 Posts
Carter Mini Evo + its a nice release.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.