Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Catty Shack
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new set of ABB from the classifieds and when I verified the lengths they were dead nuts. But short after installing them the serving on one of the cables starting to loosen. I toughed it with a tiny dab of superglue which has kept the serving in place.

But now I want to reserve it over the winter - that's a looong serving, anyone know what size and brand they use for the clear serving? Thanks.

·
today's macguyver
5,679 Posts
I bought a new set of ABB from the classifieds and when I verified the lengths they were dead nuts. But short after installing them the serving on one of the cables starting to loosen. I toughed it with a tiny dab of superglue which has kept the serving in place.

But now I want to reserve it over the winter - that's a looong serving, anyone know what size and brand they use for the clear serving? Thanks.
.014 white halo ,i also use the The BCY serving Clarifier .
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_...white+halo.TRS0&_nkw=.014+white+halo&_sacat=0
www.ebay.com/itm/BCY-SERVING-CLARIF...443575?hash=item58fb9c4137:g:B4IAAOSwwAdaAkkn
Here is a flo purple set and a siler set done with the.014 white halo .
DSCN1715.jpg DSCN1939.jpg

·
today's macguyver
5,679 Posts
Tim you have to play with the tension on your jig , the tighter the more clear it is , then just put some of the clarifier on and rub it down the string ,kinda like putting a clear finish on something ,lol.
then let it dry .

·
Catty Shack
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tim, that will give me something to do this winter. :thumbs_up

I use to build fishing rods and I think I used white silk thread wraps for a clear looking finish with just the guide feet showing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts