Archery Talk Forum banner

Which climbing sticks/steps

1114 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  BUCK MAN
I thought a hang-on would be easier so I sold my lone wolf climber and bought a Millenium. EXCELLENT stand, very comfortable.

I bought Lone Wolf climbing sticks, but they don't pack well, are a pain to carry up the tree as I strap them on and the steps look sharp enough to sever something important if I slip.

What are your recommendations for an easy to use step system? Or maybe I am doing something wrong with the Lone Wolf steps. I have only used them 3 times now, and I ain't getting any better with them.

Seems a ladder you piece together on the ground and strap on as you climb would be much easier.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,342 Posts
Im not sure of the brand but I use the ladders, they break down just like the sticks. A little heavier to take in but they pack up nice and neat. They run about the same 49 or 59 bucks for 20 foot. They are easier to use as well for me.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
don't know who makes them and i haven't been able to find them this year but someone makes individual steps that strap to the tree. these are great because they fit in your pack and you can take the bottom few with you when you go out to keep people from stealing your stand.

· Registered
129 Posts
Ameristep makes the individual steps that attach to the tree. They are pretty hard to come by these days though because they're not in real high demand with all of the other products out there. The only time I use them anymore is when I use my tree saddle as I have 6 of them threaded onto one ratchet strap so I can have a "platform" all the way around the tree.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
rapid rails ...... Awsome

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... so several votes for rapid rails.... What is the secret to packing them up the tree while trying to strap one on, and climb with the linesman belt? This is one of my main hassles with the lone wolf sections.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.