Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new complete set of gear for 2018. I will whitetail hunting only from a treestand setup.

There are too many choices out there and some of the brands are ridiculously expensive.

Wanting input on which line to go with or even a mixture as well. Any opinions on complete hunting lines would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Cant go wrong with sitka. I know it’s expensive, but its worth it. Ive had a bunch of different clothes and ended up selling it and biting the bullet on sitka. You can usually find sales this time of year.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Better give a price range or people will have you spending $3000 to $4000.
Lmao nooooo lie!!!! Alot of quality clothing out there for pretty dang good prices especially with close out winter sales. What kind of terrain and temp ranges do you hunt in? Diff times require diff clothing set ups. You dont need 500$ coats and bibs to be comfortable and successful

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check out the browning speed clothes. Different styles for temp ranges, I just got some hellfire coat and pants. Stayed Warm last night in 0 degrees.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Check out the browning speed clothes. Different styles for temp ranges, I just got some hellfire coat and pants. Stayed Warm last night in 0 degrees.
The Browning Hells Canyon series is good to. I bought 2 under layer sets and jacket and bibs and a puffy coat for less then 450$. I havent tried the speed line of clothing but im sure its as good. Check out
FieldSupply.com as they run Browning clothing sales all the time. Both speed and hellscanyon line up.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Missouri and illinois are the two states I hunt in. Mostly central in both states. Price range isn't an issue, but I obviously don't want to spend 3k+ lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Sitka is a premium line that carry's a premium price.
Browning hells canyon stuff used to be real good not even sure if they still make it as I have not looked.
Cabelas wooltimate are quality products as well.
Arctic shield is another great option.
Those are the only ones I have worn that I can recommend.
First Lite is another top option, I can not speak from experience but everyone on here seems to like their stuff a lot

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
wolfey
4,118 Posts
I like buying my mid and base layers from other recreational outdoor sport companies like eddie bauer and other companies. Prices are better than overpriced camo stuff and the quality and warmth is the same. I really like the eddie bauer resolution flux base layer with polygiene treatment, there fleece is good too and so are they're puffy jackets. Most of the stuff I buy there i get 30-60% off on sale. Outer jackets and bibs I like rivers west or grey wolf woolens. All my clothing cost me far less than a Sitka outer wear set and it's all I need for the whole season in Wisconsin.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
3%er
3,635 Posts
Hey, Bigten, Cabelas Wooltimate Jacket, vest and pants, all with windshear, on sale in Bargain Bin right now. Great for mid to late season

·
3%er
3,635 Posts
And free shipping over $100 use code: 2017FREE

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
For whitetails where scent is the most prevalent factor - can't go wrong with Scentlok. They have models purposely designed for early season, mid, and late season. Add a set of baselayers and you've got the season covered.

The carbon technology works, regardless if people believe it or not.....but even if you don't, the quality of their fabrics and anti-fading technology will guarantee many years of hunting without having to replace gear. Some of my Scentlok is over 10 years old and looks brand new.

And ANY measurable decrease in scent is worth it IMO. It can't hurt! :wink:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts