Archery Talk Forum banner

Who uses what...NITRON (NAP), SLICK TRICKS OR SONICS?

• NITRONS by NAP

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • The infamous SLICKTRICKS

Votes: 77 71.3%
  • SONICS Cut on Contact

Votes: 13 12.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing a pattern here with these three broadheads. Could someone please explain to me the differences...if any.

I'm considering trying the Nitrons due to the fact that Slick Tricks are so backed up...and I'm not even going to attempt to get some free Sonics...

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
bh's

I shot the nitrons 2 years ago and took two bucks and a few hogs with them. The deer in my avatar was brought down with a nitron. The only reason I switched is because one of the bucks didn't leave a great blood trail and the shot was nearly perfect. My wife used the slick tricks this same year and loved them. They are hog killing machines.

·
Registered
402 Posts
the sonics are great broadheads they dont lie when they say they fly like field points and they are much less money than nitrons.
40 for 6

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Lots of good heads out there but Slick Tricks are awesome. From what I have seen of the 06's they are even better. Blade quality is A-1. Thanks Gary for making a great product even better:)

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,251 Posts
Slick Trick but might try the nitrons one day.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
i used the nitrons last year and thought they did fine but deceided to go with the s.t this year,IF they ever get off back order and get here.the nitrons and slicks both fly equally well out of my bow .the only real reason i went with the tricks is because of the really great blood trails they leave and the large holes they leave in the animal.:darkbeer: :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wasted some money on Sonics last year. They look awesome but after a 3 drop blood trail from a double lung shot, I put them on the shelf and got some tricks. Got good, short blood trails with them. And you can't beat Gary's money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with Slick Tricks for any reason, send them back and he will replace them or refund your money.

I wish Sonic would do that!

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
Slick tricks

Trying Slick Tricks for the first time this year, they are flying with very good accuracy! I have used Montec G5's and Crimson Talon's with good luck in the past. All 100 grain heads.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Doesn't Infamous mean more than famous?
From a deer's PERSPECTIVE!!

Main Entry: in·fa·mous
Pronunciation: 'in-f&-m&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin infamis, from in- + fama fame
1 : having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil <an infamous traitor>
2 : causing or bringing infamy : DISGRACEFUL <an infamous crime>
3 : convicted of an offense bringing infamy
- in·fa·mous·ly adverb

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
hooks said:
No. Infamous means having an extremely bad reputation. Bad, Bad, as in bad to the bone??
No, Bad Through the Bone! Bad to the bone is that lesser broadhead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can't comment on the Nitrons or the Slick Tricks, I can only compare the Sonics and the Muzzy's. it is the truth about the Sonics, they fly just as accurate as my feild points. but I have to use blazer vanes. if I use 3 1/2 inch vanes with the Muzzy,s the arrow flight is vey inconsitant and fly low (9inches and to the left at 40yards) with the same 3 1/2 inch vanes and Sonics its a little better only 6 inches low and to the left. But if i use the blazers (not the minies) and the Muzzy its just 4 inches low. and the blazers and the Sonics is the hook up: dead nuts. 1 1/2 groupings at 40yards. using st axis 340's 100grain arrows, Hoyt Striker II at70#, Cobra sight, and a Wisker Biscuit. I was thinking of using the Soncis for turkey, havent killed anything with them yet (frist year to try them). doesn"t sound good for deer. maybe just use the Muzzy's and adjust the sight.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
ST and Nitrons

I use both... Prefer tricks but dont have new ones yet so I may start out the season in early september with my Nitrons.

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
WoodyH28 said:
I'm seeing a pattern here with these three broadheads. Could someone please explain to me the differences...if any.

I'm considering trying the Nitrons due to the fact that Slick Tricks are so backed up...and I'm not even going to attempt to get some free Sonics...
Well Walton Woodrow it appears to me that your attempt to try to find a better broadhead than the SlickTricks has came up short again. Judging by the poll results it looks like to me that the Tricks are not "overrated" and are in fact the real deal......now if my '06s would come in that would be great....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts