Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a cheap expandable (my bow likes em better) i will be hunting turkeys and just need an inexpensive broadhead to get the job done, i do not attemp head shots so no guillotine like heads are in mind, i just want an expandable for body shots, which one do i get?? thanks

· Registered
587 Posts
Dont go TOO cheap though. I got some Wally World specials and shot a nice tom. The blades (all 3) broke off on impact of the feathers! The turkey took off running and then flew away. Arrow was covered in blood but never found the bird since it was such minimal damage. :( Never again will I pinch pennys.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Please don't go cheap on the broadhead! I am not saying to buy the ones that are 42 dollars for three. I need not mention names, but get something other than the 10 dollar econobuy heads! Realistically you'll get one shot. If you get three broadheads that should last three seasons or three birds. You will kick yourself in the butt if the cheap broadhead fails! When you tag him the price of the head won't be on your mind! Good luck, and shoot straight! I like a fixed head for all hunting- as we have all read and heard......no worries about deployment. One other thing is the cheaper heads probably do not have the quality control that the other heads have. You said "you're not shooting for the head...", but the kill zone is about the same size. That being said I want a head that is balanced, and weighs the same as the other two, and is sharp as heck right out of the pack, and will bust through bones and feathers and wings and still be sharp. Woo hoo:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,664 Posts
Rocket Turkey Tom-o-hawks, either the 125grn. or the 150grn. Both can be had for around $25 a 3 pack.

· Registered
996 Posts
Eastman First Cut EXP's. Allen Spiders. I have both and never used them. Will sell cheap if you are interested. Great for Turkeys.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks all, when i said cheaper i never meant cheap to the extent some thought, i know a quality head makes a heck of a difference, i was more getting at i didnt wat to shoot my $53 for 3 rage heads i use on big stuff.

· Registered
11,415 Posts
thanks all, when i said cheaper i never meant cheap to the extent some thought, i know a quality head makes a heck of a difference, i was more getting at i didnt wat to shoot my $53 for 3 rage heads i use on big stuff.
Dude if your paying 53$ for three rages.... your getting ripped off! BIG TIME!

All the box stores around here sell them for 37.99-39.99.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.