Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I use the hand climber method with all my climbers. Rest my weight on forearms and climb standing up. Of the one's I've owned..quiet a few starting back when they first came out..I like the way Lone Wolf and XOP climbers climb best.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Go with a summit. My buddy got a lonewolf and he can't climb trees half the size that I can climb with my summit. Really restricts you even more and a lot of times big straigt trees are the only ones around and also provide more cover.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have an old summit bushmaster. I modified an old safety strap that I slide over the bars/handles to convert it to a sit n climb then slide it off when I'm up.Fits right in my pack.

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
Love my summit bushmaster. Ive used them long enough now its super easy to climb with. Tried a lone wolf and hated it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have never had an issue climbing with my Summit Openshot. It climbs like a champ, and it is easy to get set up on the tree.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Maybe I wasn't doing it right but I hated my summit open shot. Just way too noisy vs lone wolf. If I bumped it or wasn't really careful with the belt going around the tree I got major ping noises anytime the stand got bumped. Not so muc with lone wolf. Summit might be easier to climb with but definitely not as stealthy.

·
Vendor
25,446 Posts
There isn't much difference in actual climbing between hand climbers. X stand is a little lighter, but less comfortable and more difficult to climb with because of the spring arms.
Personally I think the difficulty climbing pulling one's body weight uses more energy than carrying a sit and climb. I guess it really depends on how high one climbs and how far they walk in.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Go with a summit. My buddy got a lonewolf and he can't climb trees half the size that I can climb with my summit. Really restricts you even more and a lot of times big straigt trees are the only ones around and also provide more cover.
Lone wolf hand climber is listed to fit trees 6-19". Summit's are listed to fit trees 8-20".

·
Comfort snob/elitist
2,980 Posts
I have an old summit bushmaster. I modified an old safety strap that I slide over the bars/handles to convert it to a sit n climb then slide it off when I'm up.Fits right in my pack.
Yup I've done this with a summit cobra for years!!! Works great

1 - 20 of 20 Posts