Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to go to a heavy arrow, something 11gpi-13gpi, and wanted to see what others are shooting in that range. I currently shoot CT whitetails which are 9.5gpi.

my setup is as follows

Elite E500
27"
lumenoks

I am also considering going to a 125gr head offset the FOC play with the lumenoks.

Also I am looking for some tight tolerances, I am now leaning towards the CT Rhinos, based only on the fact that I like the whitetails.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, adding the lunanocks will increase the shaft stiffiness or make it appear so and will decrease you FOC. I do not however, have the data for the Elite bow so I am only guess if how the arrow shafts would work for you. I have contact pinwheelsoftware for an updated data base.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that is cool.

My exact setup is as follows.

#80 E500
27"
no-peep
no string silencers
shooting my 403gr arrow currently @ 303fps

100gr head
string loop
lumenoks, which I will keep
three two inch blazers, which I will keep
27" arrow

switching to a 125gr head is also something I will do.

I am definately open to all suggestions on new shaft, however anything with a HIT is not for me, I have tried axis, super slims and FMJ's and after all that don't care for it, but anything else I am open.

Also I would like to find something to stick with for as long as possible, so straightness and weight tolerances are importnat.

thanks again for running the numbers, that is awesome.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I got her figured out

I am as of now planning on going to the Carbon Tech Rhino, which will change everything from about 405gr to 459gr, also I will go to 125gr head so that will up it again to about 484gr total weight.

for a total addition of about 79grs.

I was shooting the 405gr arrows at 303fps, wonder what the additional weight will do to the speed, but I am sure my KE will be thru the roof, just where I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts