Archery Talk Forum banner

Which Hoyt for Target, Fita and Field

2384 Views 55 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  bogenfreak
Hello

I´m looking for a new Bow for Fita, Field, Target and Indoor. My choice is a Hoyt, because I have allready a Hoyt Vectrix XL, and are very satisfied with them. And also the look awesome :wink: For me the most beautiful bow´s.
OK - of course I could shoot with my Vectrix (I allready did it) also Target, Field and Fita, but when there are Specialbows just for this applications then I am intersted in sutch a bow.

I looked for a Ultraelite or a Proelite, but I really don´t know what model.
What CAM´s ? CAM & 1/2 Plus - CAM & 1/2 - C2 CAM & 1/2 .... (what does this " 1/2 " really mean ?)
Which Limbs ?
Which Axel to Axel ?
Which Brace High ?
What Arrows ?

:confused: All Questions what nobody really can answer me right like I want it. I am a Perfectionist and want the "BEST" Product I can get for my requirement. I don´t care so mutch about the Money. I just want to get the right stuff. Just for Info - I am about 6,5 tall.

Maybe anyone can give me a little Advise and Suggestion. Hope you can understand me - I just want the right "thing".

Thanks until now :)

I am about
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for fast Reply. But what is CAM5+ ? Never heard from it. Why don´t you prefer CAM 1/2 or 1/2 plus ? Why the C2´s ?

Can you explain me a little about the Limbs and the two Models Ultra and Proelite ? Why Limbs 3000 ?

Thanks !

· aim small...miss small...
1,303 Posts
"cam and a half" is hoyt's name for their hybrid cam system. they have "regular" cam 1/2, which they came out with in 2003?, spiral cam 1/2, cam 1/2 plus, vector cams, zephyr cams, C2 cams, etc...they are all hybrid cams, just a little bit different than each other in terms of speed and smoothness. I don't know as much about the differences in the cams as some people on here do so I'll leave it to them to expain it.

3000 limbs are longer than 2000 limbs. 2000 limbs will give you a little more speed, 3000 limbs will make the A2A and brace height longer, and therefore more forgiving and easier to hold.

ultra elite has a reflexed riser, pro elite has a neutral (maybe deflexed?) riser. the reflexed riser will make for a shorter brace height, trading some forgiveness for speed.

so if you're not too concerned about speed, a proelite with 3000 limbs will make for a very forgiving and accurate bow

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you detailed Information. Now I know a little bit more about this stuff. I have to read and learn more about it, until I´m 1005 shure what model I should take. I don´t want to buy the wrong thing.

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Ultraelite or 38PRO! But its appointed to your draw lengh and your draw weight.
Go to a good dealer and shoot some arrows...you will see!!!!

Or you wait 4 the 2009 Hoyt Lineup :wink:

· Registered
2,197 Posts
We are all still waiting with fire on our asses :target:

· Registered
3,486 Posts
to find what works best for you you really need to go to a shop and shoot some, i have a 2005 ultraelite with spirals on it that i got of here for $350. not bad for a bow that when brand new was near $1000. if you are just gonna do target and no hunting, the elites were designed for that. but then there is more to shooting then just the bow. as for what coming out in 2009 and is it any different, depends on the year. when they came out with the cam 1/2 that was a big difference, then a few years later they came out with the trycon, it had parallel limb, another big improvement, then the year after that they came out with the vectrix, which had the steath shot, and was a major improvement over the trycon(IMO, sorry if i hurt someones feelings). this year, not to many changes besides the cams. so can there be a big difference from year to year, yes, but it also depends on the year, some years are better then others.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Guys

OK. I see. It is not so easy. Here in our Area there use a lot of Targershooters also the Ultraelite. I think in my case I will also take sutch a bow.

In the Moment I use my Vectrix XL for Target and shoot also not so bad Groups. I shoot now about a Year and shoot by FITA (90, 70 50 and 30m) over 1250. That whose my first contest. I just found out this Year, that I love Target, Field and Fita more then 3D.

Thanks guys :)

· Registered
2,197 Posts
i also think the ULTRAELITE is the best choice!!!!

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Could you explain me a littlebit more about with limbs (Differents) , CAM´s and so far ? For me this is all so new, and I just want to learn from People who have a lot experience. Because if I read just a piece of Paper ,they all right that this is there best and so aon - I think youi know what I mean.

My draw Lenght is about 30,5 to 31.

· Registered
94 Posts
with the draw length you have you must take the ultra elite xt 3500 !
its the best en most stabil bow for target shooting !
my drawlength is only 27 " and since i have my ultra's xt 3500 my score's raised with 30 points average !

· Registered
673 Posts
The Cam&1/2 Plus is probably the best all-round cam for a beginner who is into target shooting - the original Cam&1/2 has an adjustable draw length, but is a tad slow by today's standards; the C2 Cam gets fairly average speeds, but is still easy to draw compared to other bows on the market - however, the draw length is fixed, i.e. you'd have to get a new set of cams to change it, not to mention making it much harder to re-sell the bow.

The Cam&1/2 plus combines the advantages of both: It has 2.5 inches of DL adjustability, which can be done simply by rotating the draw length module on the cam, and a draw-force curve similar to the C2 cam.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
I am also 6'5" tall. I have both a ProElite with XT3000 limbs and an UltraElite with XT3500 limbs. Both have C2 cams. I like the C2 cams, but you have to be sure what your draw length is or you need to stick to the cam and a half. I use the UltraElite for outdoor/field shooting with small diameter arrows. I will be using the ProElite for indoor. I am going to start with larger diameter arrows for that. At your height, do not try the XT2000 limbs.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.