Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Ten Point Turbo GT - Viper S400
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok id like your opinions please good or bad. I bought a new carbon spyder 30 zt in November. Its brand new I havnt even shot it yet. As I have another hoyt a spyder 30 to hunt with. Im wanting the latest and best bow I can get ok. With that said I don't mind waiting on a new carbon defiant. My issue is my new bow or "used bow" is not going to bring a lot towards trade in. I saw that coming and not surprised you know the depreciation of a compound bow. Should I just keep my 2015 carbon and make it a used bow? Or bit the bullet and take a lose and get the 2016 carbon defiant ? Its not really a money issue but the trade will cost me about 600.00. Im not made of money but my archery addiction is all consuming. Im going back and forth on the issue of what to do. Just want your thoughts on this I know its up to me in the end. Thanks in advance goin to work now.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
Your Carbon Spyder 30 zt will be faster. The Carbon Defiant may be more comfortable to shoot and maybe more accurate as it shoots like a longer axle to axle bow.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think speed wise the carbon defiant is just a hair faster. Don't have my specs handy tho.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
I thought the Carbon Spyder had a shorter brace which should make it faster.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep the carbon defiant is only 1 feet per second slower than my 2015 carbon spyder. It has a 1/4in longer brace height.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Save your money and shoot what you have now, unless you really gotta feed that addiction.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Better shooting thru aggressive spending! Buy, buy, buy - then sell, sell, sell..........if you want one and can afford it, go for it. If not, then you already have 2 top shelf bows. I seriously doubt that the new bow will really improve your scores or accuracy - but it is fun to get new gear once in a while. If you want to talk yourself out of the new bow read Dave Ramsey's books.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I would just keep your carbon spyder ZT it's a pretty strong hoyt platform and don't think a new one will serve you any better

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I shot the carbon spyder and the only down side I had was it felt to short where the defiant 30 felt just right. If I have the carbon I would stick with it as long as I shot it well. I have decided to pick up a good used 34 or so inch bow for some recreational 3D.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 when they came out and it has been a good bow for me the last two seasons

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
I am going to wait until the Carbon Defiant 34's hit the used market. They are slower than what I have now, so there is really no reason to spend $600 and another $200 for press fingers to get a bow that shoots like a 34 when I already have a 34. Will a 34 shoot like a 38" ?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Ok id like your opinions please good or bad. I bought a new carbon spyder 30 zt in November. Its brand new I havnt even shot it yet. As I have another hoyt a spyder 30 to hunt with. Im wanting the latest and best bow I can get ok. With that said I don't mind waiting on a new carbon defiant. My issue is my new bow or "used bow" is not going to bring a lot towards trade in. I saw that coming and not surprised you know the depreciation of a compound bow. Should I just keep my 2015 carbon and make it a used bow? Or bit the bullet and take a lose and get the 2016 carbon defiant ? Its not really a money issue but the trade will cost me about 600.00. Im not made of money but my archery addiction is all consuming. Im going back and forth on the issue of what to do. Just want your thoughts on this I know its up to me in the end. Thanks in advance goin to work now.
You said should I keep my carbon spyder and make it a used bow? It became a used bow as soon as you paid for it, it lost 200-300 hundred dollars as soon as you walked out the door. I shot the carbon defiant 31 today quite a bit and it is a definite up grade over last years bow with out a dought.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive heard that the new adjustable air shox can produce some noise on the 2015s. I just wonder if people are getting things tight ya know. I also heard that the cable guard can come loose where it mounts to the riser. Again not sure if that's an issue or not just seen some post about it on here. Id like to buy one super good bow that I might keep for 10 years or more. Is the carbon defiant that bow ? I think its better than the 2015 carbon spyder based on all the reads. I had a 1999 Mathews ultra max bought it new and had it for 10 years. Great bow. I

1 - 16 of 16 Posts