3. Whisker Bisquit
4. NAP Drop Away
5. Zero Effect
6. Conventional TM Style

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the Trophy Taker has fit the bill for me so far. i have personally set it up on 12 different brand bows and only one was i not able to get a bullet hole while paper tuning.
it is ruggedly built and has a strong spring. is quick to set up, about 10 minutes the first time i set one up. the only draw back was the arrow holder that they supplied with the rest but they have since changed that to a more dependable design.
best of all i have seen a decrease in group size at all ranges and have not seen a porpoising arrow yet since installing it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like the TM style. Reliable, consistent, and shoots great.

I get good flecthing clearence so I don't see the need for a drop away. It is easy to tune, makes no noise, and has no moving parts or strings to break.

I will stick with what works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
NAP Quicktune 1000 Pro. TM style rests have been working for me forever, why change now? If I thought I'd get better arrow flight from another, I'd swith. I did however put a Whisker Biscuit on my son's bow to make it a bit easier and safer for him(arrow stays in place no matter what).

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I will be going from an NAP 1000 Pro, to a whisker biscuit on my next hunting bow. That is the rest I want on my bow when the buck of a lifetime steps in front of me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
NAP Quicktune 1000 Pro. TM style rests have been working for me forever, why change now? If I thought I'd get better arrow flight from another, I'd swith. I did however put a Whisker Biscuit on my son's bow to make it a bit easier and safer for him(arrow stays in place no matter what).

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Not on the List

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
WB QUICK SHOT

Whisker Biscuit Quick Shot is tough to beat for a dependable hunting rest!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Doodle

BoDoodle Zapper

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Another vote for the Dropzone

Bowhunter3d - nice Ram - If you ever need a hunting buddy just let me know!

:D

·
74,535 Posts
Bowhunter3d

Couldnt even think about rests after seeing that magnificant ram. Great shooting. Trophy taker simple tough rest.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use a Golden Key "springy" rest. For my style of shooting, bare fingers and feather fletching it works well, is durable, and heat shrink tubing quiets the draw. For hunting a wad of cotton packed in the spring coil, or a piece of pipe cleaner wrapped loosely around the coil quiets the twaaaaaaaaang it likes to make. It's cheap & durable, and I keep a couple of spare springs on hand with the heat shrink tubing already installed. If the tubing wears out (and it does) it takes only a minute to replace the spring.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Best Hunting Rest

The quietest rest I've ever used is a whisker biscuit. Its accurate, reliable, durable, tunes well, and stays in adjustment. In thirty years of shooting compound bows the whisker biscuit is the only rest I've ever used that has never bent, broke, gotten out of adjustment, or dropped my arrow. If you are going to hunt with your bow get a whisker biscuit. Good luck huntig!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am still shooting with a Tiger Tuff 3 prong rest on my Mathews FX. Shoots fairly well, was easy to set up, acts as an arrow holder, etc.

Was thinking of upgrading to a drop away rest because I still a little wobble occasionally. I was asking around for information and feedback, was reading all information on this board about them, but never was convinced they were worth the trouble and expense to change to. From what I read, it seems some were having trouble setting them up and getting tuned properly so I didn't want to open a can of worms sort to speak.

I am always looking for opportunity to improve and am still thinking about a different rest set up, but our season opens in a week here in Central Florida so it is unlikely I will change anything this late.

Dave1

·
Registered
852 Posts
On my hunting bows, I've used everything from a Huntmaster 2000, to a GKF Ultimate Toughman, to a GKF Premier, and am currently using a GKF 3D Rover, with launch arms cut off of a toughman style launcher, and shaped to my preference(for maximum fletching clearance)... The stainless arms of a toughman style launcher have been the most wear resistant to the carbon arrows, and as a side benefit, draw quietly enough with them that no silencing additions are needed for hunting - they are REALLY quiet on the draw... Although I know ALOT of people have sucessfully used fall-aways for hunting, I am still a little leery of the possibility of having a problem with one while hunting... The 3D Rover, and modified launch arms I'm currently using are about as bullet proof as you could get...

- georgestrings

PS - When I shoot with fingers, I use a GKF Star Hunter - it's a VERY good rest for finger shooters... Gotta love those Golden Key arrow rests!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts