• or both

Votes: 17 23.3%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading Jave's post,I am curious as to how many hunt the trees, or spot and stalk??
I usaully am tree bound,sometimes a ground blind.
But that spot and stalk sounds like it would be fun....:)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
See Javelina's post. He said it nicely. Spot and stalk for me too.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I get better results from a treestand and blind. But when Im stalking I dont get bored and I get a rush. Last year I got a buck by stalking in a corn feild. I mix it up just to keep it fun.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) Kinda thought so.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
121 guys looked at the thread, 31 votes,how else do you go about getting your deer??
Should I have included Truck seat/spotlight :D :p

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
TreeJumper;

It is difficult to say that my style is Spot & Stalk or Still Hunting.
A lot of the time, what I do is a combination; more of a Still & Stalk, in cover I'll move slowly; maybe following a trail, stopping frequently to test the wind, and listen and really look. I’ve had young hunters with me many times who were within 20 yards of bedded deer and couldn’t see them. Once I locate an animal, then the fun begins, have you ever watched a cat stalk a bird in your yard? Next time you get the chance study their movements, not just the crouch and slink but look at when they move, and see why they choose that moment to move. Was the birds attention occupied, was there a gust of wind to cover the slight sound his paw makes when he puts his weight on it. Study those things... And you will learn to stalk…

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I have become almost exclusively a ground blind hunter since I started using my Double Bull blind. They are so easy to use and I stay comfortable. Being comfortable allows me to hunt all day long when I am in the blind. I always had a hard time doing an all day sit in a treestand.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TREESTANDSNYPER said:
I have become almost exclusively a ground blind hunter since I started using my Double Bull blind. They are so easy to use and I stay comfortable. Being comfortable allows me to hunt all day long when I am in the blind. I always had a hard time doing an all day sit in a treestand.
Then you gotta change your name to "GROUNDBLINDSNYPER":D

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i'm normally a tree and blind type of person and i don't mind sitting and waiting but if a good situation occured i wouldn't hesitate to spot and stalk
rob k

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I voted spot and stalk....

.....but I mostly still hunt too.:) Same method Javi mentioned above. I have taken several deer in their beds and they never knew I was there. Sometimes they will lay there and not move, and think you can't see them. WHACK!:D Besides, when they are bedded, there is really no point in being in a stand or blind. If they don't walk, you wont see them. Good hunting to all, no matter the method.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts