Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which james valley scent seems to work the best....wallhanger has been pretty good for me, but i am surprised since its called a dominent buck lure....it has really made younger deer go crazy too.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I tried wall hanger and full draw last year and had limited success. Not much to show for it. I did notice some scraping activity after I applied some to a scrape but never witnessed it being worked. I'm going to give them another try this year because I've heard so much good feedback about them.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I asked that same question to Cornfed who has a lot of experience with JVS and he told me Leathal Weapon and Wall Hanger are the best and according to the folks at JVS Leathal Weapon is there best seller.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ive seen both does and bucks react in a positive manner to "wall hanger".

this year i will have wall hanger and scrape gel to play with.

camoham

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I've had some good luck using two scents at one time placed either on appropriate decoys or about 10 yards apart in the brush. Right now I have Wall Hanger and Full Draw.

I highly recommend following the directions that they give you when you buy their scents.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lethal Weapon (great stuff) and Wall Hanger. Limited experience with WH (only used last year), but it appears to do what it was intended to do. I can't attribute total effectiveness to the WH as I used it in conjunction with the LW. I'll experiment this season during the rut by trying just the WH.

LW on scent drags is killer (and doesn't appear to spook the does).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Magellon said:
I personnally never used gel scents.

Which one do you prefer...liquid or gel?

Thanks
Good question. For most of us that put out a pad of scent, then take it back in with us at the end of a hunt, the liquid works better. It gets more scent into the air. Gels are better for mock scrapes were you leave the scent out long term. But, dispite my good advice, I sell a dozen bottles of the gel for every bottle of liquid. Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts