Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about trying a lighted nock this year and would like to know which one is best? Which one is easiest to turn off, lasts longer, weighs less, most dependable, and does not require adding some sort of metal to your bow to activate. I always hear about lumenock so i assume they are as good as they get.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am thinking about trying a lighted nock this year and would like to know which one is best? Which one is easiest to turn off, lasts longer, weighs less, most dependable, and does not require adding some sort of metal to your bow to activate. I always hear about lumenock so assume they are as good as they get.
build them a lot cheaper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...1798115124a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven you can find them cheaper.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Stay away from lumenock they are junk in my opinion. Tracer is better than lumenock but I'm trying Firenock this year.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I like my lumenocks. No moving parts to malfunction. Easy to install AND take out.
I tried another brand that operated on a part of it that slid in and out to turn on and off.
Worked half of the time, and when I tried my best to remove it , it pulled apart and was ruined for good.
Lumenok has worked great for me. Simple.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I second the LUMENOK they have worked great for me and won't break the bank. It is awesome being able to watch the arrow in flight to a perfect shot.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Firenocks, a little more expensive, a lot better.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Lighted nock comparison.

I have many people like the folks at AT to do some lighted nock comparison tests. Below are what were tested and their actual posted result at the following link. Total 10 test with 33 nocks.

09/15/2009 WildCountryArchery : TX_Fish Hunter Firenock, Lazer Eye, and Shooting Star
09/10/2009 Bowcountry : Wayne Reed (WR_Orion) Firenock, Lightning Nock, and Lumenok
09/08/2009 ArcheryTalk : 188 Inches Firenock, Lazer Eye, and Lumenok
08/26/2009 Bowcountry : 1Adam12 Firenock, Lazer Eye, and Tracer
08/25/2009 WildCountryArchery : Cajun_H Firenock, Lumenok, and Tracer
08/21/2009 ArcheryTalk : thelefty41 Firenock, Lazer Eye, and Lumenok
08/18/2009 Archery Report : Widgeon Firenock, G-Force, Lazer Eye, Lumenok, Po'Nock, and Tracer
08/16/2009 ArcheryTalk : davecz Firenock, G-Force, and Tracer
08/16/2009 ArcheryTalk : bigern26 Firenock, Lazer Eye, and Tracer
08/12/2009 ArcheryTalk : Kurt (stickbow_hunter) Firenock, Lazer Eye, and Tracer

http://www.firenock.com/Press.htm#00

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I agree making them yourself is cheaper...but do a search...a guy on here had a homeade lighted nock blow up in his face shooting his monster the other day...so dont drill through back of nock. Since switching to Axis arrows I havent been able to make my own nocks and have since switched to lumenocks...they have functioned perfect in practice sessions but this will be my first year hunting with them.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
I just placed an order with Dorge for Firenocks today. He sent me a sample (charged me for them, of course :)) and it is so far superior to the Tracers and Lumenocks that it's ridiculous. Reasons: 1) It seems to work EVERYTIME (so far), 2) It's twice as bright as the brightest Tracer I've had (most were dim), 3) I can replace the batteries and 4) once you get over the initial cost, they are actually cheaper to shoot than the others. I was blown away by the brightness. And Dorge knows his stuff too. Be careful what you ask him cuz he'll explain it. In depth. Great guy & great product. I've tried all the others and they're a waste of money IMHO.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way by Firenock or Dorge for these comments. Believe me (tightwad :)).

Dawg

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I just placed an order with Dorge for Firenocks today. He sent me a sample (charged me for them, of course :)) and it is so far superior to the Tracers and Lumenocks that it's ridiculous. Reasons: 1) It seems to work EVERYTIME (so far), 2) It's twice as bright as the brightest Tracer I've had (most were dim), 3) I can replace the batteries and 4) once you get over the initial cost, they are actually cheaper to shoot than the others. I was blown away by the brightness. And Dorge knows his stuff too. Be careful what you ask him cuz he'll explain it. In depth. Great guy & great product. I've tried all the others and they're a waste of money IMHO.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way by Firenock or Dorge for these comments. Believe me (tightwad :)).

Dawg
If this guy endorses them then they must be the bomb. He can find something wrong with anything. I once gave him a dollar bill and he complained that it had to many wrinkles.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Lighted Nock

I have shot Lumenoks for several years. Overall, I have been unhappy with their performance. Some shut off after passing through a deer, some don't get very bright, the battery seperates from the nock sometimes after a shot, and the prongs bend easily. I am spending the money and buying Firenocks this year.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
If this guy endorses them then they must be the bomb. He can find something wrong with anything. I once gave him a dollar bill and he complained that it had to many wrinkles.
You're killin' me over here! The price on your Firenocks just went up.

PS: When we shoot, it seems like I give YOU all my dolla' bills!

Dawg

·
Registered
833 Posts
I like my lumenocks. No moving parts to malfunction. Easy to install AND take out.
I tried another brand that operated on a part of it that slid in and out to turn on and off.
Worked half of the time, and when I tried my best to remove it , it pulled apart and was ruined for good.
Lumenok has worked great for me. Simple.
Ditto here.When used correctly they work great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts