Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Badlands Monster, Eberlestock Slingshot or the TimberHawk Guthook 3.0. Does anyone have experience with comparing these three? Any thoughts. My concern is that I like the option of being able to carry my bow, but I need multiple pockets to keep things organized and my biggest problem with previous packs is that I like to have easy access to all the things in my pack while in my treestand. Any suggestions would be helpful.

· aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I have not seen the Timberhawk pack, but I went with the Badlands Monster.

All my other packs are Eberlestock packs, but the Monster was that much better than the Slingshot in my opinion.

· Registered
1,773 Posts
I use my Badlands Monster for most of the season. Only time I switch over is when it gets too cold and I switch to my Badlands Superday so I can carry extra clothes.

I just use a Primos Bow Sling to carry my bow with the Monster.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Want the BEST lumbar pack without paying $250? Get the Wilderness Pack Specialties "Outfitter Pro". It is the first pack that actually carries about as good as a Kifaru. I own a Kifaru Spike Camp, had a Badlands monster & 2200, Eberlestock slingshot, Nimrod pinnacle & spotter pack, and a few others. Without a DOUBT this is the best Lumbar out there. Carries right against your back in super comfort. Has the same upper and lower delta straps that Kifaru has which is the key to bringing the pack into your back and carrying like it is not even there. It also has 2 aluminum stays to support the pack & your load perfectly. Pockets, compression straps, D-rings, lash points, and most of all it is extremely well made. It is only $134 compared to a $250 Kifaru lumbar.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Dont get me wrong the badlands packs are awsome I own a hypervent and love it, but I bought the slingshot over the monster because it has more space I use it standhunting and can fit my warmer clothes in it and my hunting gear. I dont really use it for carring my bow actually took the upper part off.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like using a daypack to get all of my gear into the woods, but my problem is that some are too deep and I want to be able to grab any of the stuff out on a moments notice. I like the lumber pack idea with the ability to carry my bow on it as well. My ultimate problem is having too much stuff that I carry with me. The problem is that if I leave something behind that will be the day that I need it. I am leaning towards the Slingshot. If anyone has one that they want to get rid of, I am interested in purchasing it from you. Thanks.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Slingshot is not bad but very bulky. I liked the monster over the Slingshot. Most of these companies put these huge thick belts on packs and that is supposed to make the pack carry good. Not the case at all. Padding with correct contour and the width of belt is the answer. Kifaru uses belts 1/2 the thickness of all other brands yet carries 10x better. The monster is padded but also very well designed and extremely comfortable. I do however like my Outfitter Pro over all of them as it is extremely comfortable, has a little more room and carries as if it is not even there.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
From someone who has purchased every high end pack just to get the best one. I am telling you to call and speak with Wilderness Pack Specialties on their Outfitter Pro. If you do not like it which I honestly doubt would happen. They will refund your total purchase price no questions asked. They have made top of the line packs for a long time, just not big in advertising. I wrecked mine by flipping my quad and tore it up really good along with myself. They just finished up a new pack for me free of charge and it will be here thursday. I can post some pictures then if you would like. If not go second best and get a Monster. You will be happy with either one.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Hammer,
Could you post some pictures of your Outfitter Pro pack? The website doesn't show much detail or anything up close. I'm sure many of us would like a little better idea of what it really looks like. Thank you.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Pack came yesterday. It is even better than the original one I had. They have added more pockets with great quality. It will carry a boat load more than a monster & carries excellent due to the internal frame. I have it filled and there is NO weight on my shoulders. Kind of wish the shoulder straps came off? The pack is streamline to your back and does not hang out to the side to get hung up on stuff while walking. Excellent pack.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.