Archery Talk Forum banner

Which Mathews would you choose?

1930 Views 46 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  Death Dealer
I am on the fence between two bows. I will use it for hunting and shooting five spot in the winter time. If you had to choose between these two mathews bows and these two ONLY, which one would you choose?

1. S2

2. Drenlin
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2,675 Posts
3. Alphamax:wink:

haha just kidding. My buddy's dad has a S2 and likes it a lot... until he missed a 140" deer this year!:cry:

· Registered
7,438 Posts
I'd take the Dren

· Chasin Swamp Donkeys
1,916 Posts
Either

Can't go wrong with either,,,
both these bows are better shooters than a monster or reezen !..

I'm not a speed freak though

Kyle

· save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,037 Posts
i think if i liked both those bows equally well, and shot em both equally well, id shoot em side by side and see if either was noticably louder than the other. in this case, i dont know if thered be much difference...

if still equal, id go with the faster of the two. im not a speed guy, but why go slower if all else is equal?

· Registered
103 Posts
Can't go wrong with either,,,
both these bows are better shooters than a monster or reezen !..

I'm not a speed freak though

Kyle
O.k I see what you are saying. Well as I understand you Americans are for K.Energy. So you want a light arrow with a light bow. No I say In South Africa you want MOMENTUM vs. Kinetic, I shoot a speed bow so as to achieve a high momentum - I shoot a GT500 80lbs with EASTON dangerous game 250's at 17.5grains per inch and a 125grain SLICK TICK my arrow weighs 800grains with a momentum of 1.00 I can blast an Elephant with that and almost have pass through....

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I shot the Dren last year and went to the S2 this year (two of them as a matter of fact) and was really happy with the switch.

I think the S2 holds better and is a more "stable" platform.

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Drenalin or Drenalin LD....:thumbs_up

· I am the Tin Man!
2,985 Posts
The S2 is basically the same as the original Switchback, which was a great bow and I wish they made it longer. I love my Dren LD but if I could get a Switchback or a Drenalin and both fit me equally well I think I would go Switchback, I like a little extra weight to my bow. So I guess my vote would be S2.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
The S2 is the exact same bow as the original Switchback. :)

That is to say....AWESOME!

The S2 is basically the same as the original Switchback, which was a great bow and I wish they made it longer. I love my Dren LD but if I could get a Switchback or a Drenalin and both fit me equally well I think I would go Switchback, I like a little extra weight to my bow. So I guess my vote would be S2.

· Registered
17,332 Posts
Between the 2 you mentioned..... I'd go with the Dren. However, for the record, the DXT is my all-time fav. :cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.