Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an Elite GTO and want to replace the white teflon cable slide with something in a dark color. I dont really care about gaining speed I just want something that will be quite and if at all possible reduce the tension and cam lean at full draw but still give good fletching clearance.

What should I buy and why?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the elite stock slide is my best option?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
In My Opinion yes. But Im sure there are people that do change them out..

I just dont see the reason too...

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that is boring! Lets hear some more options.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
my cables were actually sawing into the stock slide after about a week of shooting it new. Had an alpine mach 5, so I swapped em out and have been using that with no issues for a year now. Cant recall if the stock one was on backwards or something weird like that.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP. Opinions please

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm putting a Saunders Hyper-Glide on my bow very soon. I did a lot of searching on here before purchasing and from what I've read, it's one of the best cable slides available. Check em out.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any more recomendations for the Saunders? Are they quiet?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just tested it out today. It gave me 4+ fps, very smooth, and quiet. Very pleased!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just tested it out today. It gave me 4+ fps, very smooth, and quiet. Very pleased!
Does it put more or less side torque on the cables? Is there plenty of fletch clearance?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Does it put more or less side torque on the cables? Is there plenty of fletch clearance?
The Saunders Hyper Slide will add a little more side torque because the slots are not as deep as the stock Elite slide. What I did on my Pulse was I swapped out the straight cable rod with an offset cable rod, and then was able to adjust the Saunders cable slide as close as I wanted to the center. Actually, by swapping out the cable rod, I got it adjusted even closer than the stock setup, thus eliminating even more side torque. It works great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bomar Cable Slide

Picked up an Elite GTO and want to replace the white teflon cable slide with something in a dark color. I dont really care about gaining speed I just want something that will be quite and if at all possible reduce the tension and cam lean at full draw but still give good fletching clearance.

I use a black Bomar Cable slide for my GT 500 and it works great!

·
Registered
678 Posts

If you want to reduce the cam lean and tension at full draw, it sounds like you want a tilt tamer

·
One Shot
9,181 Posts
The stock cable slides are notoriously noisy and don't slide smoothly. A few guys I know replaced theirs with the Alpine slide, but the cables wore through them. That was not good on the cables either. I have the alpine on my gt500, but I only use it for hunting so it isn't shot that much. So far so good for me. After extensive searchs on here, I have decided to replace it with the Saunders if I start to see any problems. If the white one you have is not wearing the cables or catching on the guide rod, I'd leave it alone.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Get a Hoyt stock slide...
+1 on this if you want to reduce some cam lean get a hoyt slide it sticks out further than any other and will reduce some of the lean. on all the slide you may try take some 550 cord or cord of that diameter and polish the ports where the cable will be there are places in the slide where the mold comes together that stick out and that is what wears your cables out. if you want more cam lean gone either a tilt tamer or a bent cable slide rod

1 - 20 of 40 Posts