Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for a bit of a comparison advice. I'm gonna be getting a new Millenium hang on stand in the next couple weeks and I can't decide which one to get... I'm looking at the m7 microlite, m60u, and m100u. I don't have anywhere I can put my hands on a m7 or m60u. Some places have the m100u in stock around me, either of the others will be ordered. I've tried to make a list of pros and cons to each stand to the best of my ability. I will likely be pairing the stand with LW sticks and will be public land, so set up/take down each hunt. If there is anything else you can add in helping me make my decision is greatly appreciate it.
M100u
Pros-lightweight, big comfortable seat, big platform
Cons-possibly big while transporting

M60u
Pros-comfortable seat, decent platform, fairly lightweight, smaller profile for transport.
Cons- (can't really think of anything)

M7
Pros-super ultra lightweight, very compact for transport
Cons-smaller seat, small platform

I will be using the bracket with a lone wolf strap on whichever stand I get, not the chains. The platform size isn't a real issue since I have kinda small feet and I don't do too much dancing around while in the stand anyways. The seat and stand size is probably gonna be what makes my decision. I'm on the fence about the seat size of the m7. I'm sure it's very comfortable, but I'm wondering if it will be too short, and keep only the edge of my buttcheeks on the seat and have me sitting straight up the whole time with my back pinned to the tree. I tend to like a seat that comes a little further under my thighs. I've spent many hours in cheap hang ons with those small seats that barely have a ledge to sit on, is the m7 this way?

The m100u has to be the most comfortable due to its giant size, but that's kind of bad as well, I'm short, so I big bulky stand on my back while trying to slip through the woods isn't very appealing. Is it smaller on your back than what pics make it out to appear?

I'm thinking the m60u may end up being the 'happy medium', but I've never sat in one and haven't had a way to put my hands on it or the m7... Any input would be awesome, if you have one, please tell how you like/dislike it, any pros or cons you've experienced, how the stand transports, and how he seat is on hunts. I usually sit 3-4hrs, but occasionally I'll pull an all day sit. Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,627 Posts
I have a few M100U stands and I can't say enough good about them. I don't feel that they are that bulky to carry in and with the hanging bracket, they are easy to hang too. I would definitely recommend the M100U.

· Registered
1,555 Posts
Probably a little bigger than you'd like for in and out each hunt, but I bought an M25 a few weeks ago and love it. I used it in a few different trees because I'd left my Lone Wolf in a stand that winds wouldn't let me get to for a few days, and eventually left it up in one of my favorite spots. Just picked up another one on Black Friday for $60 and if I were a richer man I'd have bought 5 more for that price.

· Registered
666 Posts
m100u is the way to go...

With the back rest part of the seat allowing you to sit and not move for hours while listening, and looking.

Take your sticks out with you if you want to hunt the stand the next day or so...And get a cable lock and lock the stand to the tree..

I have left mine in public land all season long and never had an issue but I always took at least the bottom two stick with me so no one could get to the stand without some climbing aids.

· Registered
231 Posts
I have the m100. the platform is decent sized, but its a trick of sorts to stand up and move the seat back if you plan to stand to shoot a bow. Gun isnt as much of an issue, as I can shoot while sitting. Very comfortable seat.

· Registered
135 Posts
There was a recall on the M60, it took right around 2 months for me to get my stand as it was supposed to ship right when the recall hit and delay took me into early October...fortunately, I was traveling and didn't have to have the stand earlier.

· Registered
855 Posts
I have a M60 and find it really light and comfortable. I am thinking of getting a M7 for early season hunts here in MN. I was afraid with big winter boots the platform on the m7 would feel small.

· Registered
222 Posts
I just purchased the M7 2 weeks ago. I love it. The seat is plenty big, so u dont have to sit straight up at all.
Platform isnt big but its plenty adequate. Especially with the seat flipped up, theres plenty of room.
and its insanely light. I'd get the M7 again.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just purchased the M7 2 weeks ago. I love it. The seat is plenty big, so u dont have to sit straight up at all.
Platform isnt big but its plenty adequate. Especially with the seat flipped up, theres plenty of room.
and its insanely light. I'd get the M7 again.
Thanks for the input. I may just write the three on pieces of paper and draw out of a hat to see which to order... I like all 3... Wish I could buy all three haha

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[QU OTE=MO Sportsman;1082385665]Yea I might get a biger one for all day sits so I can use the same cam locks.
8.5 lbs. Seriously consider the M7 if you hunt much public. Your back will thank you![/QUOTE]
I'm all public!! I've got it on my 'wish list' for Christmas ha. That 8.5lb is so awesome!!

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Another thought, does the M7, M60u, and the m100u have platform leveling?

I have the M60u and the M100u. I like both, but if I had to pick one, it would be the M60u for that reason. Platform and seat level. The M100u is a little more comfortable because of the back rest, but the 60 has a wider platform, and is still extremely comfortable. Plenty good enough for an all day sit. LOVE THE M60U!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.