Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which color vane to you deem more correct? The yellow or the Orange? This is a right helical.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
No wrong answers. The orange vane has more helical but it’s a preference. Straight, off-set, or helical all have pros/cons. I prefer as much helical as I can get because they just look awesome and shoot well for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the orange one was done at the pro shop. Dont know what they used.

The yellow one is one that I did using a brand new Bitz with their right helical clamp.

Have not shot the yellow yet.

Can I get the Bitz to fletch with a more aggressive helical like the orange, say do a slight offset in addition to using the right helical clamp?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your blitz should be able to do more helical to match the orange one if you want. I've had better luck with less helical personally.
I'm no expert, but the trend I see is that guys with shorter arrows tend to add more helical. Might be harder to get FOC with shorter arrows and so more helical helps add stability to compensate?

·
Registered
51,898 Posts
Even using a helical clamp you still can adjust your jig for more helical.

·
Registered
20,997 Posts
If it's a hunting arrow, more helical is better.

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,726 Posts
I believe orange is a helical and other is a straight offset

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Target or hunting arrows?

I shoot fixed blades so I prefer straight for my hunting arrows.

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
Would go with the yellow as can see it better, BUT would adjust more off set with the clamp for the Bitz.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what did you do to get that type of helical with the bitz? did you include an offset in addition to using the right clamp? thanks!
yeah pretty much. I just turn it as much as possible while still making sure it’s maintaining good contact.
Once you find that spot, just tighten everything down and do everything that way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts