Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright looking into buying a PSE and narrowed it down to two bows. Pro series premonition or a main line bow madness 32. Prices are the same, Draw cycle seemed to me similar, inch difference in brace height. Questions are what's the main difference between pro series and main line?
Any of the cam systems have had any issues?
I've also heard the customer service and warranty is better with the pro series, True?
Also the black finish on them looks/feels painted on less than dipped or anodized as some of the other manufactures?
Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
With every pse bow I've owned (it's been alot) the finish has always been about flawless. Never had flaking or chipping. The worst I've seen was some wear around the grip but I've seen that with heavy use from almost every company.
Never shot the premonition but the bow madness is a great all around bow and has been for years. The warranty is honestly going to be easier dealing with a mainline bow because way more shops and big box stores sell them and not the pro series like Dicks and gander mountain. When I have an issue with a pro line bow, they make me take it ONLY to a delaer that sells the pro series

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Personally, I would rather have the extra ATA on the BM32. But I would choose a Source HD over the BM32. They all draw the same but the 7" BH and 33" ATA on the Source HD make it the Goldilocks pick in the PSE line for a hunting bow, in my opinion.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Premonition comes with higher end strings/cables and has centerpull technology (which in theory should be easier to tune). Its a great hunting bow.... if you plan to shoot 3D, I'd go with a longer ITA. Warranty is the same, people who work on bows are different. As for the finish, mine have always held up well. Bug spray will act as a paint remover of you use it often.

Like mentioned above, the Source is also a great bow. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't shot the BM32 but I love my Premonition HD. Shoots better then I can shoot. I let a guy at the range shoot it the other night and he had a robinhood with just three shots. He said it shot better then his Hoyt. 60# @ 27.5 dl.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I went with the BM34 and have not been disappointed at all. I have owned a lot of PSE bows over the years and never had any finish or warranty issues at all that I can remember or recall. Never paid much attention to Pro Series or Mainline Series, If it feels good DO IT....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Alright looking into buying a PSE and narrowed it down to two bows. Pro series premonition or a main line bow madness 32. Prices are the same, Draw cycle seemed to me similar, inch difference in brace height. Questions are what's the main difference between pro series and main line?
Any of the cam systems have had any issues?
I've also heard the customer service and warranty is better with the pro series, True?
Also the black finish on them looks/feels painted on less than dipped or anodized as some of the other manufactures?
Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.
The difference is so minimal that it boils down to if you like shorter axle to axle or longer really, they are both great bows. What I like about the premonition is the limb stop on the top cam, it isn't a huge deal for most and they dont use them but I love them and like the solid wall. No finish problems with any PSE I have had since 2008, my tungsten ring eventually started wearing a spot on the grip after almost two years on my 2011 omen pro but was not even noticeable unless you looked for it. The Black finish on my full throttle is amazing to say the least, and doubt you will have any issues unless you are using your bow as a hammer...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts