Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought a matthews switchback today and am picking it up tomorrow. The shop kinda pushed me into a whisker biscuit rest but I kinda had my heart set on a drop away rest. The only drop aways he had were the trophy ride drop zone(not interested in) and I think the quicktune 2000 was the other. I ended up telling him to just put a biscuit on there with the promise that I could bring it back after I shot it for a while if I didn't care for it. Is there any reason I should call him back and tell him to put the drop away on and not go with the biscuit or should I give the biscuit a fair chance? I'm 100% bow hunter and do not shoot any 3d tourneys.....If there is another rest I should consider then he did mention that I could go pick it up and bring it in for him to install. I do shoot almost every day so it will get alot of use. Ultimately I would prefer something that is low maintenance and dependable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-lee-

·
74,535 Posts
Trophy Ridge is good fall away

I shoot a trophy Taker on mine. The new sl model from TT is very affordable.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
ttt

I have the nap on my lx and really like it. I wanted to get a shakey hunter but the shop didn't have any and I wanted to get it shooting that day. So I had them put on the nap and I have no complaints :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
Good luck with your choice and enjoy your new bow

·
NC ASA Director
36,124 Posts
My pard just put a NAP 4000 on his new Switchback and it is working a little too good. I might have to adjust it for him.

Anyways, the GKF Infinity is the best drop away rest in the world, IMO.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to look at the whisker when I pick it up and then I guess if I change my mind he can swap it out later.

Texas......nothing against the drop zone but I just don't care for trophy ridge stuff......kind of a personal thing I guess.

Thanks again.

-lee-

·
Registered
53,293 Posts
IMHO the drop zone is the best drop away rest on the market, the shop I work at sold over 400 of them last year with fantastic results. They work great on the switchback and is the preferred rest to our mathews customers. The WB is a good rest for the stalk hunter but not my favorite, they are also extremely easy for a shop to sell and set up. :beer: :smile:

·
74,535 Posts
Whisker Bisquit

Will do fine.

·
Registered
437 Posts
if all you plan to use it for is hunting id say go with the whisker bisquit, i used them for hunting and they work extemely well, they are quiet, accurate and the arrow never falls off :cocktail: :cocktail: :beer: :cocktail: :confused:

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Whisker Buiscut is a great rest for hunting.
If you are looking for a drop away....The trophy taker isn't a bad chocie at all. Extremely durable and simple to set up, very accurate, and VERY affordable....Great customer service also...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.