Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never really wore any type of scent blocking clothing before. I have my dream hunt coming up in Nov. in IL, and will be there the 4th-11th. I want my chances to be the best they can. I shower from head to toe and wash everything in scent free soap and spray down everything. I practice scent control except for the clothing wear. Is there any better or just as good as scent lock, like maybe x-scent which is half the price. I would primarily just be looking at base layers, maybe outer wear too. All help is appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
I got that EnduraSkin at Bass pro for $80

·
Registered
599 Posts
x-scent works well but i still would use a carbon suit I have the dream season suit from scent blocker it works great if takin care of!!! Good luck on your hunt

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so far. I should have said initially that I did a search and spent over an hour trying to answer my questions before I started, but really did not find what I needed. If I have missed it I'm sorry. Would you please just post the link for me?

·
74,535 Posts
Scent Loc or Scent Blocker

Both work well.

Check ebay or the classifiads here. There are some really good deals right now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Check out No Trace clothing. They are better than half the price of carbon suits and they still block human scent and other odors, something that x-scent doesn't do.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I've have X-Scent Base layer, (Cabela's has MTP Hunt Series Silk Weight stuff that is about $25 a piece), top and bottom, and it's good stuff. It is lined with Antimicrobial Silver Fibers which help eliminate the odor emitted from your body. I have nothing but good things to say about this stuff, and will likely never use anything else. That being said, I wash all my clothes, hunting clothes and regular clothes in ALL: Free & Clear Detergent, and use a scent free fabric softener. I also am very particular about keeping my boots scent-free or suppressed, and wear a thin neck gaiter over my mouth and nose to contain my respiratory tract scent that may be emitted. I cannot remember being "winded" in the last 3 yrs, and have had a few hundred deer within bow range during that period of time, including a few dandy bucks, only one of which I was able to close the deal on, but I do get close to them. I think beyond just having scent suppression clothing, you need to have a "Scent Suppression Discipline." X-Scent helps me with that.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
another vote for x scent. a great product and low cost compared to carbon.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I think the perfect set up would be the xscent underlayer which you can pick up at Wal Mart for around $20-25 each for the top and bottom, i have had succes with these before. Then as an outer layer the dream season carbon suit and then continue to use scent free shower stuff and you should be set. But like mentioned before buy some carbon spray scent eliminator and apply to your boots before walking to your stand. And good luck in IL, keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
My .02 is to buy scent lok..the price of that stuff is coming down due to competition. I have had good luck.ZERO deer blowing at me in 2 years. but all the other scent control practices need to be followed...GL in Ill.:tongue:

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Get the carbon suit that is sealed in an air tight pack in the store and that can be totally reactivated in a household dryer. Oh wait that doesnt exist! Only being a smart a**. I wouldnt waste my money honestly but that is only my opinion. Good luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I use X-scent undergarments and a Roadtrips scent blocker suite. And to tell ya the truth i question there effectiveness. I've gotten busted almost as much as if i didn't have it on. i shower and wash all my clothes in scent free soap as much as the next guy.
I spent alot of money on this stuff and keep it in scent proof zip lock bags.
Bottom line is keep clean and always always play the wind. You can buy or pay as much as you want but your not going to fool that deers nose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts