Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there are a ton of new scent eliminators on the market this year! I've always used scent-a-way, but wondered if anyone thought there was something better out there or what has been working for them so far this year? Always up to try something new! What's everyone else using?

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Whitewater Products are my favorite. The shampoo actaully leaves your Hair Soft, the face paint wipes off with a dry towel, the White Lightning works great as does the Black Magic, Im running low, I need to stock up some more.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I WENT OUT AND PAID THE BIG BUCKS ON SOME DEAD DOWN WIND SPRAY. WHEN I GOT IT HOME I HAD A OLD SMELLY HAT I WAS CUTTING WOOD IN , THAT SMELLED QUITE BAD, I SPRAY IT DOWN QUITE WELL WITH THE DDW STUFF, WAITED A LITTLE WHILE AND THE HAT STILL SMELLED:pukey: NEXT DAY I SPRAY IT WITH LAST YEAR LEFT OVER SENT-A-WAY AND IT SEEM TO TAKE CARE OF THE SMELL. NOT REALLY A SCIENTIFIC STUDY BUT HELP ME DECIDE I WAISTED MY MONEY ON THE DEAD DOWN WIND.:mad:

·
Registered
570 Posts
GATOR-EYE said:
I WENT OUT AND PAID THE BIG BUCKS ON SOME DEAD DOWN WIND SPRAY. WHEN I GOT IT HOME I HAD A OLD SMELLY HAT I WAS CUTTING WOOD IN , THAT SMELLED QUITE BAD, I SPRAY IT DOWN QUITE WELL WITH THE DDW STUFF, WAITED A LITTLE WHILE AND THE HAT STILL SMELLED:pukey: NEXT DAY I SPRAY IT WITH LAST YEAR LEFT OVER SENT-A-WAY AND IT SEEM TO TAKE CARE OF THE SMELL. NOT REALLY A SCIENTIFIC STUDY BUT HELP ME DECIDE I WAISTED MY MONEY ON THE DEAD DOWN WIND.:mad:
I haven't tryed the other stuff yet but the breath spray is awesome. I've started using it regularly to kill the coffee breath.

·
Ya hey
1,437 Posts
Hydrogen peroxide/baking soda

More or less the recipe that was posted on AT several times a few weeks ago. Twice so far this season, I've been hunting in a 15-20 mph wind and had mature does walk directly into the wind to me without picking me up at all. Both gave me nice broadside opportunities inside 15 yards and both are still walking. They caught me flat-footed because I wasn't paying enough attention downwind of me. After the second one, I have quite a bit of faith in this recipe and will be paying a lot more attention to my downwind side.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
HS Scent-A-Way. Been using it for years with success....don't see any reason to change brand or go home-made.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
White Lighting from Scent Shield is my choice right now. I also like Scent-A-Way as well. White lighting has been working well for me so far. Another reason I went to White Lighting is because it is made by Robinson Labs, who also makes the Scent Blocker suits I wear.. Awesome product. I am using the whole line..Detergents, soaps, deoderants..etc.. I have been very pleased.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
me

HBSK is the brand i always use.

Home Brew Scent Killer

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Dead Down Wind hands down :wink:

Dead Down Wind is an all-new odor-prevention system that uses a revolutionary, patented bioengineering process known as Enzyme Scent Prevention. This innovative new technology contains a strand of enzymes that target human bacteria - the source of game-spooking odor. Unlike cover sprays, Dead Down Wind prevents odor-causing bacteria from forming, so you can be confident you're hunting in a zero-scent environment. Use the ScentPrevent™ Field Spray safely and with confidence on all your hunting apparel.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey Girl-I'm using the homebrew too. Using the "Earth Scent" dryer sheets on the clothes as well. You all set to hit the woods Sunday?

·
First name's Chad
692 Posts
I made a batch of the home brew from the recipe on this site. I haven't used it yet.
I was wondering for those that have been using the home brew if they have had any issues with the hydrogen peroxide bleaching out their clothes?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Got Three different ones

One bottle of stuff from my local shop. just like the fresh earth spray

Also x-scent elminator

And Endura scent elminator

I was curious about the DDW stuff but last year everyone was saying that it all of it smelled like Bacon Grease. No one has mentioned that yet this year. So maybe next year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
IL_Hunter said:
Same here. I use the recipe I got off of here.
Same here. Works just as well if not better. The brand name scent killer sprays are one of the biggest ripoffs out there. Dont get me wrong, they work but are grossly overpriced for what it is. Someone is getting rich out there.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Xtreme Scents

Xtreme Scents Silver XP. We used this stuff last year and the results where great!!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Aside from my XScent clothing....HS sprays, but I also have some Carbon blast as well

1 - 20 of 35 Posts