Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up some 150 grain Magnus stinger heads . Very sharp at the moment but by the time I am done testing them out I bet I’ll need to sharpen them. Which sharpener should I get for these heads? I’ve never sharpened broadheads before.
Thanks, Isaac

·
Registered
143 Posts
For similar broadheads (like Muzzy Phantoms) I have had good luck with Lansky sharpeners. Have not sharpened the Stinger but it should work the same.

·
Registered
17,816 Posts
Some wet stones would probably work well, but a paper wheel with some compound on it attached to a bench grinder works amazing!

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
For similar broadheads (like Muzzy Phantoms) I have had good luck with Lansky sharpeners. Have not sharpened the Stinger but it should work the same.
I’ve sharpened lots of Magnus stingers, 2&4 blade, with a Lansky. Works great.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered a Rada Wheel sharpener . $10.00 on Amazon. Might as well start there. Can’t beat the price. If it doesn’t work I’ll look into a more expensive option. Any recommend wet stones for putting a nice finishing touch on the blade?

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Just ordered a Rada Wheel sharpener . $10.00 on Amazon. Might as well start there. Can’t beat the price. If it doesn’t work I’ll look into a more expensive option. Any recommend wet stones for putting a nice finishing touch on the blade?
You won't need to put a finishing touch on them. I have a rada wheel, 2 or 3 Lanskys, several files, 5 or 6 accusharps, jewel sticks, and a couple others. All I use now is the Rada Wheel.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the Rada Wheel.Should I leave the broadheads on the arrows while sharpening? Or do I disassemble?

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Staysharp and auto body sandpaper Works great on those heads. Wicked sharp

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
With the Rada Wheel.Should I leave the broadheads on the arrows while sharpening? Or do I disassemble?
If you have the 4 blade stinger then you will want to take them apart to sharpen, the bleeder blades are small enough and can be a bit of a pain to sharpen. You can take the broadhead apart while the ferrule is still on the arrow, you will need to take the blades off in order to properly sharpen the back side edges.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I just got some stingers and a rada wheel tried it on my knife woorked good so we will see

1 - 12 of 12 Posts