Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DoubleBull BS5 and need help selecting a sight to use in it.

I am considering a Cobra Electra Slide sight.
Any others I should consider?

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Any good fiberoptic sight will work. I hunt out of DB ground blinds and have found that there are pin colors that light up better than others like on my sight the green pin will be the first to light up so I use that as my first pin.

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that a light is absolutely necessary for those last 30 minutes of shooting time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lose the peep and get a Hind Sight. Absolutely great picture inside a ground blind. You don't have the low light problems that occur with a peep, not to mention not having to fight tubing etc. It also lets you know if you are changing your grip and torquing your bow. I put them on my boys' bows and their shooting definitely got more consistant. I would not go back to a peep unless all I was shooting was targets.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Realy for me I might loose the last 10 min but im hunting pear flats and thick black brush in south texas and getting out with a little light helps me watch for rattle snakes. I do have a light on my sight but it makes my pin look like a 5 gallon bucket if i turn it on.

I have found that if i open or crack the window twards the sun I can hunt untill it is realy dark.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Trophy Ridge

I use the Trophy Ridge Matrix with TR's LED light in my Double Bull T5 and I just couldn't ask for a better hunting sight. This is a great system for whatever you're hunting for. Check this top of the line sight system out.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Today I returned from a hunt in South Africa. Bowhunting from ground blinds is quite popular there.

I'm using the TR Matrix, too. Normally it's a very nice sight but if you hold (aim) the sight against the light (shooting window) in a dark blind, you will nothing see but a black vertical line. At least with the 0.019"pins. Nitro lights help nothing.

I didn`t know that TR offers a LED light yet.
It's funny, because I taped my little headlight with 3 LED's on the sight.
Even with this light the pins were hardly to see against the bright daylight outside the blind but it worked (two animals less on the dark continent).
Next time I consider about a bit more professional solution of sight lights :p .

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Don't forget about the Cosmic Sight.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
The cosmic looks nice but in a dark blind, shooting into the daylight you need an artificial light source....even if there are 10 yards of fibers wrapped around the aperture.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I use a Hoyt sight on my RazorTec, I think Toxonics makes this sight http://www.toxonics.com/hunt.html anyway they make a great light that mounts to the sight and works well for low light shooting.
Just remember, if you are going to put that trophy in P&Y you cannot have a light on your sight when you take the animal. It is against their rules.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts