Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Extreme rt900

Votes: 20 24.4%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Tough choice.

I think the Sword would be brighter, and the light comes with it, if that matters.

I know thier fiber optics are vitually unbreakable also.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've had quite a few of the Extreme Sights from the XLT to the Recon 800. I've had the same problem with every one. With the included screws, it is easy to strip out the threads on the holes for adjusting the head up and down. Then you have to find longer screws. I just got the new miro adjust viper and LOVE the sight. Never tried a Sword.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Whichever one has individually microadjustable pins?:wink:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sword. I went from a Viper to Sword. The Sword is much better than my Viper was.

Greg

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Any reason the Spot Hogg's not on your list.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I can see there are more Sword Fanboys here than for the others .

I sold both lines , Sword and Viper , for one year in my shop , to see which one the customers prefer more .

No im carrying only Viper , guess why ?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The Sword may have the edge, given your three choices....but I much prefer a Spot-Hogg Hogg-It over any of them! :wink:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I sold a Sword recently and bought a Viper Predator Hunter. Best move I ever made. Just as bright, seems to better built and solid as a rock. Vipers are VERY nice, I would go with that one.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
buy all 3.....it's only money! i'm sure you could find another bow to put the other two on. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Tough choice.

I think the Sword would be brighter, and the light comes with it, if that matters.

I know thier fiber optics are vitually unbreakable also
Recently replaced my Hogg It and had a similar dilemma. I personally went w/ the Sword... but I've only compared it to the Extreme.. haven't seen a Viper in person yet. The durability of the fibers was one of my big determining factors in choosing the Sword over the extreme.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
I would go with the Sword... I have seen the Extreme but not the Viper. I like how bright the Sword is and the fact that the fibers do stand up to alot of punishment. I recently snagged one of the 0.010 fibers when walking thru some 3 foot tangles to get to my blind and it was a pretty hard hit but it never broke. It pulled some of the optic through but I just need to push it back in to the tube. That right there saved me some frustration. So there you have my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Dont think you could go wrong with either, all are great sights. I had my choices down to those three as well. I went with the Viper, only because I got a great deal on it, brand new, in the classifieds here.

I did upgrade to fitz fibers though, as one of the viper stock fibers broke while setting it up. Other than that it has been wonderful and I have no other complaints.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts