Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
archery nut
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i shoot a mathews legacy and q2xl set at 68 lbs and 30" draw. i plan on getting the gold tips XT shafts (black). i shoot with a 100 grain point and my arrows are 29" long. i have heard that the gold tips run a bit "soft" in spine. should i get the 55/75 or the 75/95. thanks
i hunt and shoot 3d

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
7595. I believe that the Gold Tips run a bit softer than advertised and I have at least one well respected shop up here that feels the same way. I shoot a hard hitting single cam bow with a 29" draw and 70# and the 7595's work much better for me.

·
archery nut
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size easton insert and bushing would i need (for the g-nock) or whatever are on the acc's
(i heard gold tips inserts don't have many threads in them so i want to use easton inserts but don't know what size)
thanks

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
I have no idea on the inserts. I use Gold Tip inserts and have zero problems with them with Muzzy and Magnus broadheads. I don't think the lock knocks are all that bad either so I also use them.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I ran your numbers thru "TAP", and it shows the 75/95 to be the proper spine for your setup using the Legacy. I didn't run the Q2XL, and I can't help you with your insert problem. I'm not real sure of the Gold Tips measurements, as far as ID, or OD, of their shafts. Hope this helps. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
All makes sense to me

You are on the border for spine. ratings are at 28" you are 29. the cam will make some difference also. I would hunt with the 7595(a little heavier I think) and shoot 3-D with 5575 and a lighter tip(maybe 80gr?)

JMHO
ROB B

ps which ones fly better? I have seen some bows prefer the lighter ones, some the stiffer ones . see if you can shoot them both

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,696 Posts
Back when I shot Gold tip 5575s we would use a ACC 3-60 bushing in the rear so we could shoot G nocks. Never shot 7595s so I cant tell you for sure but if a super uni nock fits in the arrow a 3-60 bushing will work.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes 3-60 unibushing will work but, Gold Tip also make thier own g nock unibushing for thier arrows. The fit a bit better than the 60 series ub's. Gold Tip has done a lot to improve thier components too, we have occaisional problems with the threads not being clean in the inserts but we just run a tap through them and thier fine. Matt

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I agree with AKDoug that he GTs run "soft" on spine. 7595 for sure.

I also agree with the note above that the GTs run larger on the ID than 360s. You must use the GT hardware to get good fits.

·
Banned
843 Posts
Im shootin a 31" draw @65ish lbs. with 29.75" Gold tip 7595's very tough arrow.Tougher than most of the competitors.My arrows with 100 gr tip and 3" vanes... 418 gr. Still pretty light.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've been using the 3-60 bushing and have had problems with them pulling out on me every now and again. I'd buy the GT ones next time, I'm also shooting the 55/75's at 56 lbs for target and they fly fine, so I agree with the rest they are a little soft on the spine. Matt

·
Registered
516 Posts
GT 3-D {rp 75/95 IMO ..

GT75/95 we sell more of these sizes than any other size..in my little bow shop

DOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts