Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blackout AlphaMax 32 on order and was wondering which spine would be better for my set-up ? I've looked on the charts but I'm so close to both spines I don't know which would be the best. It will mainly be used as a hunting bow. I'll be shooting 70lb limbs, so we'll say roughly 72lbs w/28.5 draw and 100gr tips. Looking to shoot Easton FMJ or Axis nanos. I was thinking about going with the 400 for a little more speed, but the 340 for a little added K.E. when hunting. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance !

PCA

· Registered
552 Posts
I have the Easton arrow book right in front of me. If your arrow length will be between 25.5 - 27.5" or it suggests to use the 400's. If your arrows are over over 27.5" then use the 340's. Hope this helps. This is for the Axis Full Metal Jackets

· Registered
10,965 Posts
I have a 72# Captain, 29" draw and use both 340's and 400's:wink:For hunting though and your correct spine the 340's are perfect:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I say go with the 340!:thumbs_up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.