Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get another Bow for Spots only.

Which would be the bow of choice?

Hoyt Pro Elite
Bowtech Commander
Elite Extreme XL

All 3 Bows have similar AtA and BH, but are very different from each other.

I'd be shooting 45# @ 28" with a BT release.

I like the looks of the Elite best with Hoyt next but don't have an issue with the Bowtech.

I don't have any Dealers I can try these out so I'd be ordering blind.

Jump in and let me know your preference and why.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My personal favorite would be the Pro Elite or even a Protec if you want to save yourself a little cash, esspecially with Spiral cams. But really I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you have listed.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'm not an expert, nor have I played one on TV but...

I bought a used Commander (my first and only compound). It seems to be very forgiving and easy to shoot. It is also very quiet. I like that shooting indoors.

I don't make any money off them, but I would recommend you trying one out.
Dave G.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hands down, the Pro Elite. If this is a pure spots bow, the other 2 don't quite compare to the Pro Elite. I have owned the Pro Elite and I own a Bowtech Guardian, so I have extensive experience with both brands. By the way, don't over look the Mathews Apex, another great spots bow.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm getting a Bowtech Commander for my Spots/3-d Bow, but the Pro-Elite Is probably the best one out of the three. Get ready to drop some cash on it though :nod: - :tongue:

The $$ was the deciding factor in my situaton, so I'm gonna go with the Commander :thumb:

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
All good bows.

But being who I am and what I shoot. I will have to say that the Commander is the best bow that I have ever shot. Especially with my shoot through system. But it is completely prejudice.:wink:

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
If you want to pull 45# you can scratch the Commander. Its bottom draw weight is 50#.

I shoot 45# and five extra pounds does make a difference after four or five ends.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mike,
You can get a Bowtech with 50# max limbs and back them out to 40#.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just recently ordered a target bow............I compared three bows, Hoyt's ProTech and Ultra Elite and Elite's Synergy XL. I went with the XL. It's the one that shot best for me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i own 2 commanders and just ordered a ultra elite, both of these bows are very nice. dont have any experience with mathews but i am sure you wont be dissapointed with them either

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Hoyt Pro Elite hands down it is a proven winner out of the bows listed and a very popular choice among shooters for good reason. Mathews Apex, and C4 are 2 other great choices.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i know i could not be any happier with my commander, ultra-smooth, quiet, holds steady, you cant beat it if you ask me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts