Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a good stab for my monster one around 8-10" . I am haveing trouble holding steady on target (dont have a stab on it now) any recomdations

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
8.5" 14 oz B-stinger. Maybe even the 17 oz weight for the Monster.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i would check out dead center archery.com he has some great stabs and can always add weight or remove it as needed :thumbs_up

·
Registered
972 Posts
I just got my first B stinger about a week ago. After day 1 I just about put it up for sale. day 2 I was still thinking about selling it. day 3 I wish I would have bought one a long time ago! Its amazing how steady you can hold with this thing! It really took some getting used to because I went with the 12" 14 oz model. the way I figured it, when I have an arrow nocked it extends out at least 15 " from the front of the riser, so I said what the heck and went with the 12 "er. Not really sure if the 8.5" will hold as well, but I can say that you must allow a good bit of shooting to get used to it either way.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I like the look of the Doinkers on the Mathews,, But im not sure on the Moster,, The thing is that its so top heavy that the best stab IMO is going to be a 17 ounce B-Stinger.

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
I would suggest a Dead end stabilizer for the Reezen or Monster.
I'll post the web sight tomorrow and a contact person.
SUPER stabilizer for these bows.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
B-Stinger in either 11 or 14oz

I was think about a b stinger but was not sure about the weight
An 11 oz weight would be a "middle of the road" start for weight. The more the better, but may take a couple days to get used to.

Your pin will stick to the spot you're aiming at like...
http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projects/trc/2006/manual/illos/glue.jpg:wink:

·
Registered
215 Posts
cast my vote for the B Stinger... got mine in today for my Reezen 6.5. Came in "lost camo" and matches perfectly, like it's part of the bow. As far as the Monster being top heavy, I didn't notice it that much when I shot one, but the Reezens definitely are. Shooting a 12" B stinger with 11 oz. took the "top heavyness" away completely. Still getting used to shooting it but groups have improved without a doubt, just fatiguing a little faster shooting strings of 12.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My Doinker's mounting bolt stripped completely out the back and now can't go back in. I did like it, but the quality just doesn't seem to be there, for me at least. So I'm going with a B Stinger.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I would do a 12" B-stinger in 14oz......PM me for a great price on B-stingers:zip:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I put a 12" 11oz B-Stinger on my 82nd and the difference was amazing !

B-Stinger all the way.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Dead-In

Dead-In Stabilizers..
Were designed specifically for the Reezen and Monster by a Mathews Pro Shooter.

Dipped in Lost Camo too!!

Contact Phil Long at 901-353-1772
or email at [email protected] tell him Marcy from Hunt'N'Shak sent you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts