Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pros and cons between using a tree stand with climbing stick or a ladder platform? How high do you have to get?

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I hunt out of Big Game ladder stands set at ten feet. Don't like heights.

Its nice because you get up in the air a little and can see but the problem arises when trying to draw. You have to be more careful than if you were higher.

· Registered
410 Posts
I like using a ladder stand. I guess its just a sence of security having that ladder there. I recently got a deal on the "remington 870" ladder stand from bass pro for 50 bucks a piece. I bought 8 of them, and they make for a great stand.

· Registered
266 Posts
Hang on

As stated above, you can hug the tree. I am always standing and leaning against the tree. All my partners use ladders. I have tried to sit in theres. I cant stand the way when you are standing that you are so far away from the tree. Also I have a hard time not hitting the hand rails with my bow. I couldnt even lay my bow on my lap. I will stick to my hang ons. JMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.