Archery Talk Forum banner

Which state do I check it in??

346 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  BULLDOG25
I hunt both Maryland and PA. One of the places I hunt we have property in MD and PA that back up to each other. I have a stand right on the state line(I think). If I shoot a deer do I check it in, in a the state where it dies? If thats the case, what do I do if I am clearly in one state and I shoot a deer and it runs and dies in another?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Well I think our state laws, as far as units are concerned (probably similar with state lines), is if you shoot a deer in you unit and it runs to another, you can recover it with you tag from the original unit.

In my mind if your stand is right on the state line you should have tags from both states in you pocket and where ever you shoot the deer (arrow makes contact) is the state of the tag you should put on it.

At least thats my take on it anyway.

Sounds like a nice problem to have!

· Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tags

I have tags for both states. Thats not a problem. In the years past I never hunted this close to the state line. I have always been several hundred yards or more away from it. During some scouting I found a couple of really good stand locations on and near the line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.